Default Sub Enclosure - give me your 2 cents

OK,
    I've been reading posts and threads for over a month now. I've seen Newty's custom box (sweet job by the way) and think that might be the way to go?

Has anyone sealed up the driver's kickpanel and padded the inside (either with an installed port tube or completely sealed) with any luck? I'd like to get away with that option if it can be done successfully? I have a Rockford sub that I'm going to ditch but it is cut into the kick panel already. So I'm left to make it work or completely cut it out and customize like Newty.

Do you know how big of area there is in there for selection of the right sub?

And Razzman........have you ever posted pics of your solution to the sub box issue?

Thanks all on the forum for your advice!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Viking, pm me with a phone #. I've done a couple boxes in outback/ outback v's w/o the floor mod and I can give you some idea's.
    There is a way to do it but if you do the floor mod you gain a lot more foot room.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    OK,
    I've been reading posts and threads for over a month now. I've seen Newty's custom box (sweet job by the way) and think that might be the way to go?

Has anyone sealed up the driver's kickpanel and padded the inside (either with an installed port tube or completely sealed) with any luck? I'd like to get away with that option if it can be done successfully? I have a Rockford sub that I'm going to ditch but it is cut into the kick panel already. So I'm left to make it work or completely cut it out and customize like Newty.

Do you know how big of area there is in there for selection of the right sub?

And Razzman........have you ever posted pics of your solution to the sub box issue?

Thanks all on the forum for your advice!!
    Someone on this forum has done this and posted that he got good results. I can't remember who though nor can I find his post.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

not sure if the moomba kickpanel is different from the supra, but after removing and surveying the area where my kenwood sub is located, newty's box makes the most sense, and gives you more options down the road if you choose to change the sub out.

something about how much better a good sub sounds in a good enclosure..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Been thinking and pondering and still not 100% positive - but thinking I might cut out an entire section of the foot panel and create a flat/level pass through where the hole is. That should give me enough room to build an enclosure to specs and fit it under there. I can carpet the area and make it look stock so when I take out the sub and enclosure it looks factory!

I really like Newty's setup but with my Outback, I won't gain much room with it notched out and boxed.

I need to talk to SC and make sure there won't be any structural issues.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Not sure what sound your looking for, if you are going to take the time to gut the kick panel. Open the hole more, mount the audioformz (see tazz)sealed enclosure in the hole then make a false front to it to get the stock look.

Sealed sound in the stock location
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold