Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

granted you can get more features on other kenwood decks for same money, but the intriguing thing with this one is keeping your ipod or mp3 in my case out of sight. no need to run other cables or find a place to install a holder. not real sure that any additional features are really needed in the sonically imperfect boat world. as long as it has good specs out and 4v preouts, not really much else needed. fancy tone settings and parmetric eq's really aren't needed in a boat.
    seems that some of you have decks mounted in the glovebox. mine in the supra is right next to the steering wheel, so the mp3 storage is a big plus. keeps it all convenient.

it is a standard din size, but does have an additional outboard box that you would have to mount.
    cd's are dying the same death cassette's and 8tracks are. I have a kenwood with the usb connector and xm in my truck and can't remember the last time I used a cd in it..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

al, which one of thes can you control the ipod from the remotes. just the forward, back, pause, stop play buttons. I know you can't search the play list from the remotes but the other fuctions would be nice.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    new kenwood hu. no cd player. ipod and mp3 behind a hinged door, check out the door, it's sweet and a long time coming, sirius tuner and fm tuner. compatible with the kenwood transom remotes.
    3 4v outputs and defeatable internal amp for cleaner sound. sweet unit and $220 on ebay...

hmmm

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMR7...=detailed_info
    I think its a Normal DIN size. it almost looks like it might have waterproof buttons, always a plus in my mind on the boat. I used my Iphone all summer but i do have a SIRIUS setup for the truck now. Its portable also. I only need to buy the extra mounting bracket for the bout to make it transferable. I am waiting to activate it for the truck then decide if i like it enough to add to the boat. I really like this HU by the way, im going to upgrade my deck this spring for sure. Im not a fan of the factory Kenwood at all.

Jester, how do you like that Alpine you got man? Did you try the wireless remotes while wake boarding? DO they work as advertised?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    al, which one of thes can you control the ipod from the remotes. just the forward, back, pause, stop play buttons. I know you can't search the play list from the remotes but the other fuctions would be nice.
    How did I become the Kenwood guru all of a sudden??

Look for this under the description of the unit on soniclectronix website:

"iPod USB direct connectivity via your standard iPod-to-USB connection cable allows you to charge, control, and playback your iPod through the receiver and stereo system"

Mine has this and as long as I connect my iPod/iPhone via the USB cable (not the aux in port), I can do all those commands you list via the remotes.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    granted you can get more features on other kenwood decks for same money, but the intriguing thing with this one is keeping your ipod or mp3 in my case out of sight. no need to run other cables or find a place to install a holder. not real sure that any additional features are really needed in the sonically imperfect boat world. as long as it has good specs out and 4v preouts, not really much else needed. fancy tone settings and parmetric eq's really aren't needed in a boat.
    seems that some of you have decks mounted in the glovebox. mine in the supra is right next to the steering wheel, so the mp3 storage is a big plus. keeps it all convenient.

it is a standard din size, but does have an additional outboard box that you would have to mount.
    cd's are dying the same death cassette's and 8tracks are. I have a kenwood with the usb connector and xm in my truck and can't remember the last time I used a cd in it..
    Ahh, did not realize your HU is on the helm. This unit would make a lot of sense in your case. All of our Moombas I believe (the late models anyway) have the HU in the glovebox on the port side so having a place to put the iPod/mp3 player is not an issue.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

can't understand why the supra's have them in the dash and not the glovebox where it's lockable and not as easily stolen, but oh well.
    I do like having the controls right there vs a puck though...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    How did I become the Kenwood guru all of a sudden??
    Because you are and I wanted to know about your deck specifically. Thanks, i assume its the usb/ipod control that allows the remote to work that way.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold