Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arizona boating

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Hey sled, I have a pic from that same spot from last year.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Sled491 Guest

Jim go to my albums under Misc, that is a picture of my just outside Payson after makeing the run along Roosevelt.

hey jim
    make sure you are winterized on the way back, we are supposed to get snow on wed/thurs, but you won't be here til fri. we are going out on sat for a trick or treat ride. planning on CC. can anyone get on your lake (standley right?)or are they closed now?

congrats on reaching senior status.

Yah, I plan on draining the engine/ cooling system tomorrow before I leave Thursday. I just returned from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and dropped the wife off . She caught an earlier flight back to beat the snow storm . I hope I have a good uneventful trip back. Standley lake closed the end of Sept.
    Jim.

Hey Jimmobius, Stay there for a couple days if you can! We got slamed last night and more through thursday pm! I was just thinking about not winterizing our mobius till this hit! What was the water temp down there? Was thinking about making a late trip that way..... Thinking not so much now!

Yah, I don't know which way I will be traveling yet .I might be up your way through UT 191 , to GJ tomorrow or, I 40 - I 25 N . I don't know yet. I have been checking the weather report and road reports and the front range is looking like it is getting a little snow. If I come up your way will you be around Thursday? Let me know. Jim.

Default AZ boating

Aintskeered, if you check roosevelt lake marina it will give the weather report and current temps . Also long range forecast , which looks to be back up in the 80's by early next week. Today here is 50's and sunny . Jim.

jim,
    good luck with either way you take. i'm sure you have talked to your wife in town, but we are slammed here today.

if it was me, i would go I40/25 and stay out of the mtns. go to Abq thurs, then finsih fri, you would probably have better travel.

i think 191/GJ I70 will be in rough shape for a few days to come.

though meeting skeerd would be good too, take his suggestion and stay a few more days!

Thanks for the advice . I will check the weather/road reports tomorrow to see whats up.
    Jim.

Default AZ boating

Well I made it back ok. I decided to go the I 40 -I 25 route and drop the boat off at Rocky Mountain Boat Co. in Pueblo where I bought the boat and have some work done on it. By the way they are really great people to work with . I ran into some weather ( snow storm ) I 40 on the divide , and then Friday Raton Pass was messy on the Colorado side , rest of the trip was good roads. It was good to get away and enjoy the Az weather , most likely I will be back in the future. Lake Roosevelt is really a nice size lake to go to not too small or big, nice campgrounds no showers though. If you are self contained camping it is pretty good. There is also a motel down the valley a little ways too. Water conditions just fantastic. There were more water fowl than people and boats!!
    Jim.
    Last edited by jimmobius; 10-08-2010 at 12:23 PM.