Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally!! My first inboard.

I finally joined the happy ranks of those with a true ski boat. I ditched the old Crownline and bought a used Moomba. Boat is in awesome shape, low hours and I must say, I will never go back to a runabout again. Man what have I been missing. Smooth Power, no more floor it and hold on - no more working the throttle back and forth to maintain speed. A tower for our boards and room for everything...

I do have a question. The (round) access panel in the floor is cracked. What is it called and where can I purchase one? Also is there a metal or aluminum one that is more durable?

I can't wait for spring when my wife, sons and I can hit the lake in style and comfort!!

By the way, I have enjoyed this board and the info is very helpful.

That is all. Thanks for letting me brag.

colepop,

Congratulations and welcome to the Moomba family! What year and model did you get? I'm not familiar with the round access panel you are referring to.

I too came from a runabout to my Moomba and it's night and day difference.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Smile

Night and day,switched from an outboard. as for the panel we need more details as to what you are referring.

welcome

I have a 03 Outback LS.It has a round plate in the floor between the two front seats.It is for access to the bildge pump.Someone stepped on mine and cracked it.My local marina had a replacement.If not West Marine online has them on page 370 of their catalog.
    jy

Welcome to the family. Congrats on your new boat. I had a old 1990 Commander with a Mercury 175 on it. I love my moomba. Best move I ever did. We are all family here. So if you have a question or concern about your boat, just ask and I am sure one of us will have the answer. There are several member here who are very knowledgeable. Between all of our brain cells, we will come up with a solution.
    Mark
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks guys!

The panel is the one that James referred to. It is a round plastic access cover between the driver and observer seat. My boat is a 2000 Outback. An oldie I know, but to me it is awesome.

I will check with West Marine for the part. Other than that, my boat is ready for the summer.

Gratz Colepop, welcome to Moomba and the forums. The best thing i like about this site is its active, and a place i can go chill and be almost as entertained as on the Fierah.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thumbs up

congrats man on the boat . I'm told 90% of those who switch from an I/O to an inboard never go back- the reasons are obvious once you drive one. I was a little weirded out by the "I can't steer in reverse" factor at first but got over it pretty quickly. I can't wait to see some pics of your new ride.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

colepop,

I just picked up my first inboard boat as well. Mine is a '99 Outback so roughly the same year as yours. I too am looking forward to the summer and warm water!