Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OK Now I'm getting Pissed Off.

I have a factory installed FlushPro on my 07 Mobius LSV V-Drive with 325 Assault.

The boat is out of the water and I hooked a garden hose to the flushpro (factory installed). I turned on the garden hose and the water went through the engine and out the back and I heated up the engine. I shut off engine, shut off watetr, disconected the hose and put on ANOTHER shorter hose which went into a 5 gallon pale of antifreeze. I turned on the engine but it is NOT drawing the antifreeze out of the pale.

WHY IS THAT?

Do I need to tape up the bottom of the boat where it draws lake water?

I dialed my dealer and they rarely sell boats with it so they are clueless.

I dialed every friggen extention at Skiers Choice and NO ONE IS ANSWERING. I literally dialed like 25 different extentions just by going through 111, 112, 113 etc. NO ONE IS THERE!

Can someone help me?
    Last edited by Ed G; 10-23-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Default .

I was told the following...but what and where are the 'drain cocks'?

Directions for Winterizing Your Boat (Out of Water):

1. After flushing with fresh water, open all drain cocks.
    2. When all water is drained out of the engine, close drain cocks and tape shut
    the water inlet on the bottom of the boat.
    3. Insert adapter into garden hose connection on the top of the valve.
    4. Using a 5 gallon bucket, mix applicable amount of anti-freeze and water
    (See anti-freeze directions for temperatures and appropriate amounts of
    anti-freeze and water mixture).
    5. Place end of hose into bucket of anti-freeze mixture.

Default .

Maybe I have no idea what the 'adapter' is or how to use it?

Default So I found the adapter

Assume the adapter is the tiny back thing on the cap of the flushpro, so I took it off and inserted the smaller end into the garden hose connection at the top of the flushpro where you would screw in your garden hose. I did that...and it still is not sucking water! Again WTF. Yes I taped up the two water inlets at the bottom of the boat.

not familiar with it, so no advice, but give it some time..
    those that have one installed or have used one may not be on the board for a while....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Yes that's the adapter

I insert it into the flushpro where the garden hose goes, screw on the hose and turn on the engine and after 10 seconds, it's still not drawing water. I taped up the proper water intake on the bottom of the boat real well so I'm totally lost! TOTALLY.

Have you tried calling a dealer? Doesn't necessarily have to be an SC dealer as this procedure is all the same on any vdrive with a flushpro i believe.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Or maybe you could call Perko?

Default .

1: Yes I am shulaj but the Chat Board screwed up and they cannot re establish the user name! Considering I know all about PHP's I find that hard to understand...but whatever. I like my new moniker.

2: I called Perko. Guy was OUTSTANDING...and he's got no idea why it's not drawing. His idea was to put my pail above the flushpro and use a shorter hose. Well the hose is 3 feet long and the flushpro is below the floor level so my pail is above it.

3: I called the dealer. They never use them..so they have no idea.

4: I can't wait till tomorrow. Flying out to Boston and by the time I get back, my boat will freeze to death.

SO HERE IS WHAT I JUST TRIED. I PUT A FUNNEL INTO MY HOSE RATHER THAN HAVING IT SIT IN THE BUCKET. I FILLED THE HOSE AND THE FUNNEL WITH WATER UNTIL I COULD SEE THAT IT WAS LEAKING INTO THE FLUSHPRO UNIT SO I KNOW THE BALL IS DEPRESSED. I THEN TURNED ON THE ENGINE AND IT SUCKED WATER VERY SLOWLY....SLOWLY.

SO I THEN MOVED THE HOSE TO THE PAIL, (NOW SITTING ON THE BENCH INSTEAD OF FLOOR) AND I LOOKED AT THE FLUSHPRO TO SEE HOW MUCH WATER WAS GETTING TO THE UNIT, AND IT WAS ONLY BARELY COMING IN. SO I AM NOT SURE IF IT DOES JUST SUCK SUPER SUPER SLOW OR THE ENGINE NEEDS TO DEVELOP A VACUME.

I ALSO TOOK OFF THE IMPELLER CAP AND THE IMPELLER HAS ALL ITS TEETH. IDEAS?

Steve

Actually, I just read through the 2007 Moomba Owners manual and the Indmar Owners manual and I didn't read any where in there about filling the engine with antifreeze. I have heard of people doing this, but I have no idea why?