Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Exile XM7's vs Wetsounds???

Searching the threads show very little opinion or experience with the Exile's. Anyone have them....thoughts? Wetsound tower speakers owners did you compare the two? If so why Wetsounds in the end?

ps Polk db651s delivered yesterday! ..... new boat not till April ....

I doubt you'll get much if any opinion on the Exiles here. I don't think anyone even has them yet. Your better off searching Wakeworld for them as there was a thread on them about a month ago.
    2007 Mobius LSV

agree with razz. if you have the ability, go listen to them. don't think you can really go wrong with either.
    be sure and check out bullet speakers as well if you are shopping hlcd's. krypt makes some with great prices as well..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

And i agree with sandm as well. There are many good alternatives to Wetsounds. Not knocking them at all. Personally I'm just tired of seeing them, everyone has them, they are factory for some boats now. IF i was so inclined to purchase high end speakers i would buy NVS, nice looks, sound great and more headroom. The Exiles look good but they're priced right along with the Wetsounds 60's. To me that's a bit much for a new entry into the market.
    2007 Mobius LSV

good call on nvs. forgot about them. I believe they will start taking quite a bit of the wetsounds market.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks guys - I did check out NVS and Hollow Points. From a pure looks standpoint I like the Exiles and the no wires flying is clean. Since my boat will sit on a lift at our Lakehouse unattended during the week the quick disconnect seem like it will be a good option. Someone has to venture into uncharted waters ........... maybe it's me and Exile XM7's.

If your boat will be outside any then I would go with Exiles because of how easy it is to remove the speakers. I heard them at Earmark Marine but it was inside the shop. With HLCD speakers you need to be at a distance to really hear how they sound. From cost point though, you can't beat the sale on the Bullet Hollow Points at 40% off until 10/31/09. I took advantage of that sale and bought 4 770's

From what i read earlier on WW Exile has a 30 day demo program. Call 'em and see, what better way to tell if you like them.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have the Wetsounds. I "thought" I was going to go inexpensive originally and went to a dealer in town to compare the PRO-80's vs a myriad of others. I thought the Wetsounds projected better and were cleaner than everything else they had in stock. I did save money on the amps and install by doing it myself. I could not be happier. The only thing I am bummed about is the way were ripped off our summer here in Utawh. Sure, a lot of people have them, but they are NOT as common as you would think they are. After all, they cost a pretty penny.
    IMHO, to choose the right speaker, you have to listen to it. You also have to balance cost vs sound quality (and sound quality is very subjective). What sounds good to me may be crap to you, so go listen to everything you are even thinking of buying. The final factor will be how good it looks on the boat. You don't want something on your boat that makes it look bad, but then again, how good it looks is also subjective!! LOL!
    Good luck shopping!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

AMEN! I personally like the Exiles and was very seriously looking at the SAMSON S7 HD's (think they have a partnership or deal with Exile?) cause they come in Black or Chrome versions. I think they are sick and probably rival wetsounds or Bullet's for sound and projection.
    But what set's them apart is the quick connect and swivel mount system with wireless look to them.
    I settled for a basic coax set of tower speakers for now to save some coin. But If I was buying right now............I'd get the S7's because of the above - and I like to be different

Quote Originally Posted by LURK19 View Post
    Thanks guys - I did check out NVS and Hollow Points. From a pure looks standpoint I like the Exiles and the no wires flying is clean. Since my boat will sit on a lift at our Lakehouse unattended during the week the quick disconnect seem like it will be a good option. Someone has to venture into uncharted waters ........... maybe it's me and Exile XM7's.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet