Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ok, you guys have convinced me to add a second batt.

Razz, I'll take u up on your offer on what I'll need and how to do it. I want to add an ACR as well.

Thx.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I'll get you a list together along with pics.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks razz, much appreciated. As u can tell, I haven't done a lot of stereo installs in the past
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

best way to learn...
    take your time, follow the installation directions, double check every connection prior to buttoning up the install, and did I mention take your time??

installing stereo gear is easy once you have done it once. the only thing that gets tricky are custom boxes, but the basic amps/speakers are piece of cake..

you will have much satisfaction next summer as you crank the tunes on the lake and the smile from the satisfaction of a job well done

be sure and take pics and let us know of your progress....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Cab, you just upped the ante on the stereo, we are not going to be twins anymore. I saw the amp and thought long and hard on it but the OBV does not have alot of room in the passenger stoarge for two big amps. keep us posted.

JV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jv

I had no intention of upgrading my system but I ran across that great deal on the JL and then saw the great deal on the Kicker. Plus the seller is local.

I think I have plenty of room against the side of the hull, forward of the fresh air vent bulkhead which is an unused area. The bad thing is that I will now have to add a second batt which will take up some storage space.

Looks like I've got a nice winter project to look forward to

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Just a thought Cab, you realy never want to use a Y splitter on your stereo RCA jacks, not only does it cut your signal to the amps in half it adds distortion and allows another source for noise to enter the stereo.

You don't even need to run RCAs to the sub input of the kicker 700.5 it will completly run off 1 set the difference is if I recall have yo look at mine, but you built in cross over will have to be set to Off. Other wise it kills your sub input. I got the factory deck still running both amps I have and I only have 2 pre outs

I'd highly reccomend duel batteries also.

I'll give ya a ring this weekend and touch base with ya havnt done my winterization yet but if you need any help with the battery or stereo I'd be more then willing to help ya man
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Second Battery is pretty easy, i used the bep dual vsr plus switch i have a site you can get it for a 100.00. (no remote wire) like the blue seas but Razz is the the man when is comes to this stuff. he's "the Razzman and we have the Sandman "
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

he has 3 sets of preouts. use the sub output to run to the kicker sub input. it gives you the ability to have the deck control the sub input, otherwise you have no way to control the sub level. use it if you have it since you can't use it for just a full range input..

there's nothing wrong with splitting the signal to the amp using rca-level inputs as long as you use good quality connectors. it's a short run. bet you would not be able to tell the difference between a split/non split rca signal on such a short run and in a noisy environment like a boat.. splitting video signals is a diff. story. audio has a different signal.

glad you are considering a 2nd battery. you won't be sorry, except when it comes time to replace them
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Just a thought Cab, you realy never want to use a Y splitter on your stereo RCA jacks, not only does it cut your signal to the amps in half it adds distortion and allows another source for noise to enter the stereo.

You don't even need to run RCAs to the sub input of the kicker 700.5 it will completly run off 1 set the difference is if I recall have yo look at mine, but you built in cross over will have to be set to Off. Other wise it kills your sub input. I got the factory deck still running both amps I have and I only have 2 pre outs

I'd highly reccomend duel batteries also.

I'll give ya a ring this weekend and touch base with ya havnt done my winterization yet but if you need any help with the battery or stereo I'd be more then willing to help ya man
    Mike,

I think you have two kicker amps - a 5 channel and a 4 channel - and each amp only needs one pair of full range inputs. My set up is different in that I have a 6 channel JL Audio amp that needs two pairs of full range inputs, plus the ZX700.5 that yes, can get away with just one pair. However, I only have two pairs of full range preouts one one pair of subwoofer preouts.

Or so I thought. I just read my owners manual and it turns out that the subwoofer preouts can be set up as full range preouts so I actually have three pairs of full range, 4V preouts! Problem solved! I knew there was a reason I bought this higher end Kenwood HU

Thanks for the offer to help - I would like to check out your stereo install before I dive in to mine. And let me know when you want to hook up to go over the winterizing process.

sandm,

The zx700.5 does come with a wired remote volume knob so I'll be able to control the sub volume that way.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV