Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Indmar states to fog the CAT engines through the spark plug holes, not the manifold. States this in the owners manual as well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I vote fall

To further this debate, Indmar does specifically say to change ALL fluids before putting boat up for the season in the owners manual as well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz,

Do u run the engine after u change the oil, then winterize? Or do u change the oil at the same time u winterize?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I do it at the same time.
    2007 Mobius LSV

FAQ's from Indmar's website. Scroll down to answers for winterization & maintenance.

http://www.indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/faq.html

Got me thinking....should I have had the oil changed at winterization. Didn't do it because the oil was changed at the 24hr mark and only put another 6-7hrs on her before the season was over?
    2008 LSV

"I got my swim trunks and my flippy floppies"

In your case TSC i'm sure your fine.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Here is the scoop i found on a another site regarding fogging the cat engines. Seems pretty sensible and to be written by an indmar guy

'''''If you don't mind, I wanted to add 2 cents about fogging the engine cylinders. I just read your .pdf and those directions are great and will work for most boats but Catalyst exhaust engines need to be handled different.

Since 2007, at Indmar and Malibu service school each year. We've been taught that if the engine has Catalyst exhaust, the engine CAN NOT be fogged thru the throttle body with the engine running like your instructions say. Raw oil on the catalyst can cause catastrophic failure to the catalyst and leave the owner with a headache of issues and or expenses.

The factoid stating that pulling the spark plugs and squirting fogging oil or any other substance can cause Hydraulic lock is partially true if it not done properly. A squirt for 3 seconds is more than plenty to coat the cylinder ring and protect it for seasonal storage and will not cause catastrophic damage. The goal in mind is to prevent piston rings from sticking from lack of lubrication from sitting over the winter or inactivity. The fogging oil is there to provide that lubrication at the first start up the following year.

I hope this info makes sense, i just don't want anybody to learn the hard way since I'm sure the Catalyst elements are really expensive and Indmar made it pretty clear at school that they do not want fogging oil to get on the catalyst and sit all winter.

-Paul'''''''''

guess i'll be pulling my plugs next weekend

Like i said before, it's in your manual, for which Indmar supplies the info to SC. Just for the record a lot (if not all) of these questions are in your manuals and definitely on Indmars web site.
    2007 Mobius LSV