Thread: Wakeplate

Default Wakeplate

Hey Guys-how do you all use your wakeplate. My buddy has a high end boat that he bought with no wake plate. I keep mine at 3/4 up because the boat plains well and Im able to get a nice pop. Should I be able to get more straight up pop with the plate all the way up? I cant tell but plaining takes longer with it up and sometimes the speed is harder to keep. I do not have perfect pass. Does it make sense to get up with the wakeplate down,accelerate to 25mph and then lower the plate so the speed comes down to 21mph. or should I just leave it alone altogether.

Find the sweet spot and then leave it alone. When I first got my boat I moved it almost every rider and always screwed up the wake. Now I have it almost all the way towards the right side of the gauge when looking at it from the drivers seat. I move it minimally from time to time.

When wakeboarding, I always leave the wakeplate all the way up (all the way to the left on the gauge) to maximize the size and pop of the wake. The only time I move it is if the nose of the boat starts porpoising. Then I move it down only enough to stop the porpoising.

Now if I am pulling a newb, I will play with it a little to try to reduce the size of the wake but from the driver's seat, it's hard to tell what affect it is really having 70' back.

One time, I had a full boat and all the ballast full and the boat was taking a long time to get up on plane so I put the wakeplate all the way down when pulling up the wakeboarder to help it plane out faster. Then I pulled it all the way up when we got on plane.

BTW, I do have perfect pass so keeping the set speed is not an issue.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV