Thread: New Web Site

Default New Web Site

Has anyone seen the new Supra Website. That tower looks pretty interesting. I need to see it upfront and personal.

http://www.supraboats.com/worldspackage/
    http://supraboats.com/vision/
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I'd like to see it up close. I was never a fan of the mb tomcat tower, especially the location of the forward-facing lights. they looked stupid.
    personally, malibu and the '07-09 centurion towers look the best imo. not feeling the new fc3 from nautique/new centurion/tige towers that are a takeoff of the malibu tower with only 2 legs.

the new display is pretty cool to look at, but I really don't think I would like it in my boat. I really like the analog gauges and having all the controls separate. less to go wrong, less expensive to fix, and I would guess much easier to upgrade/modify as you find things to change.
    some might arugue that it's easier to drive the boat with the integrated display, but if you push a wrong button, the driver could get further into screens that they may not know how to get out of. not the case with a simpler setup.
    I guess time will tell how reliable/easy the new systems are to use/upgrade. by the time I am ready for a new boat, there will probably be even more electronics integrated..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've only had my new xlv for about a month now but I'm enjoying it more and each time I go out in it. However, I think the Moombas would get more appeal if SC added a nicer, more sculpted tower.

think pricepoint. why moomba is 40k and malibu is 70k

I would envision that supra/moomba are very much like lexus/toyota or infinity/nissan.
    newest and greatest starts out on supra, hence the higher pricepoint, then trickles down to moomba, or is available as an option where it's standard on supra. the tower changes will probably be a supra-only item for a year, then an option for moomba.

I don't really see anything wrong with their tower. nice finish and very functional.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I do not know about the tower. From the Pic i really do not like it but i will hold my main jugment until i see it in person. The new Dash i think we have beat to death in another Thread.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I think the Skiers chioce have some of the best loooking towers around.
    They always fit the boat, good lines that follow the lines of the boat, and are solid! Malibu towers were unique for a while, but everyone seems to want to jump on the band wagon with there own interpretation of that design. I saw the 2010 Malibu and Supra models down at Active Water Sports, I have to say they are really nice. The new Bu tower is much better looking in peson.
    The new Supra tower is nice, but its going to have to grow on me before I'm sold.
    My bets are that it will be an option for the Moombas in the next couple years.

PWI as usual...

I think it looks awkward and hideous. It's being different for the sake of being different. Different is not always good.

The current towers flow with the lines of the boat. This one sticks out like a sore thumb. Makes me scratch my head and think, "Why?"

I'm not a fan of MB's version either.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Dont like that tower at all-hope it never trickles down to Moomba. I think the current towers flow well with the boats.

Love the Gravity Games XLV and Liquid Force LSV-if only I could win the Lotto
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    think pricepoint. why moomba is 40k and malibu is 70k

I would envision that supra/moomba are very much like lexus/toyota or infinity/nissan.
    I always thought of it as Lincoln Navigator/Ford Expedition
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

Sled491 Guest

If some one wanted to give me one I wouldn't turn it down But I agree many aftermarket companies copy the Moomba 3 pc tower because it is a very smart looking tower. I just figured out my 07 PP, don't know I would ever firgure out that new dash, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.