Default Polk DB651's for $49.95 a pair!

2007 Mobius LSV

I saw that about a month ago and posted it up in another thread. I was just about to order them but I'm wanting to find more info on the Wet Soubds new SS-650 that is nicely priced at $149pr and does not require lots of power like the XS-650. I'm really concerned with the quality of sound while the boat is pulling or cruising and the Wet Sounds are known to be aggressive speakers that don't sound dirty or too bright. I know the 651s are good replacements but I wouldn't mind spending the $149pr for the Wet Sounds, just need to hear them first

I'll tell ya this, over on WW and the Tigé forum there's been many threads since the XS650 came out and many who bought have said that they really can't tell a big diff between the Polks or Wetsounds.

Now i can't speak for the new model but i will say this from my own experiences, when pulling or cruising your going to have noise no matter what that will nullify any minor gain you'd see. I've tried a lot of pro audio in boats to include Polk, Rockford, Memphis, Alpine to name a few and no matter how good they are claimed or expensive they are you loose a lot to the noise factor when moving due to the open environment and a lack of a sound stage.
    2007 Mobius LSV

second that razz.
    I didn't spend a ton of money on the in-boat speakers, specifically went with coax vs 2way separates as it's such a noisy environment anyway and all the open air around you do not make the best acoustics. speaker placement is not optimal in a boat either, but rather where they can find places to put them. imagine trying to build an accurate soundstage with 10 people blocking them and facing 2-3 different directions
    spend the money on a good sub, amps that are efficient(to save battery time) and tower speakers you can hear while riding rather than high$$ in-boat speakers.
    had I not found a deal on the skylons, I'd have the db651's in my garage waiting for install now...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sandm,
    What are you waiting for install those skylons. we want some pics and opinions.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

amazon has them for the same price but with free shipping. I already have 5 pairs of them (cabin and tower) and am thinking of buying a pair for spares.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

jmvotto,
    waiting to do the amps at the same time.. hoping to have the amps purchased the end of the week, and will start just after halloween. with that said, won't be a true A/B comparison as the amp and wiring will be different. figure it'll be a 2 week project from start to finish..

system is shaping up to be 3 soundstream rubicon amps, a soundstream eq strictly for front/rear/sub fading, 3 sets of skylon 125ib's in the boat, 2 sets of hollowpoint 6.5's in the tower, and either 1 or 2 kicker 12" L7's for bass. using the same kenwood h/u as it works fine.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten