Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    oh I see that now Cab.
    The amp will putout 100w @ 2 ohms, but will the speakers see 100w or do they spilt the load essentially getting 50w each?
    Good question, I'm not really sure. I think because each speaker acts as a resister they each will (provided they are the same ohm load) each draw half the power.
    newty,

Based on the link provided by JM, that's correct - each speaker will get half the output of the amp provided they are the same impedance.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

yep, that's exactly how i am running it.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jm,

So each speaker wired in parallel will receive 37.5W at 12.5V (basically, when the engine is not running). I'm not sure that's enough. I am reconsidering using the M6600 to run all my speakers now. I may use it to run all the cabin speakers at 4 ohms so they are getting 55W at 12.5V and then use my current 50x4 amp to run the 4 tower speakers. So everything will be wired one speaker per channel to get the most out of the amps. But that means I will probably need a second battery, a battery switch, an EQ (for more pre-outs), etc. Plus I still have the third amp running just the sub. This suddenly got more complicated
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

what are you using to power the sub. My cockpit speakers are wired that way and it pretty defening in the boat . I don't have a real need when the boat if off to project the towers, so when the boat is on, the amp should push 50w per channel.

I figured 4 speakers @ 50 rms, would be louder than 2 @ 75rms.

Its trial and error. i have looked a the 4 channel JL m4500 as well if its not enough. I don't want to add another amp if i don't have to, the hole on the OBV is tight as it is I did the dual battery setup with the BEP marine vsr and switch.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    what are you using to power the sub. My cockpit speakers are wired that way and it pretty defening in the boat . I don't have a real need when the boat if off to project the towers, so when the boat is on, the amp should push 50w per channel.

I figured 4 speakers @ 50 rms, would be louder than 2 @ 75rms.

Its trial and error. i have looked a the 4 channel JL m4500 as well if its not enough. I don't want to add another amp if i don't have to, the hole on the OBV is tight as it is I did the dual battery setup with the BEP marine vsr and switch.
    You mean the amp should push 50W to each speaker when the boat is on

I have a Boss R-635 rated at 200Wx2 rms that I am running bridged to the sub. It's a low quality amp, I know, but it seems to work just fine. I have the subwoofer output set between 0 to -5 at the head unit because it hits so hard.

Yeah, I'l give it a try running all the speakers from the M6600 and see how it sounds before going thru the trouble of adding a third amp.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,
    if you get the chance.could you post pics of the aerial tower speaker clamps, I now have two different sets, i believe one os for the larger tower and one for the obv 1 5/8 tower.

Thanks

joe

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jm,

Here's a pic from an old post of my old aerial cans with the larger diameter brackets. This is on a 2-3/8" diameter LSV tower.

Is that what you're looking for?

Al

2006 Mobius LSV