Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Service

Rgardipee,

My apologies for our phone system and the frustration it has created as you have tried to get through to our customer service area. Trying to keep things streamlined during slower times we have used an automated attendant for the last 6 months. My email is [email protected]. Drop me a note, if you will and I will get your info to a customer service rep..asap or to the appropriate dealer.

Rick Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Rgardipee,

My apologies for our phone system and the frustration it has created as you have tried to get through to our customer service area. Trying to keep things streamlined during slower times we have used an automated attendant for the last 6 months. My email is [email protected]. Drop me a note, if you will and I will get your info to a customer service rep..asap or to the appropriate dealer.

Rick Tinker
    See, there's the SC we know and love.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

way to go rick.
    although I certainly don't expect skiers to moderate and respond to every thread, nice to see that they do watch and listen to this forum

def. post the outcome once it's all fixed..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Rgardipee View Post
    I have had a warranty claim in now since April, impossible to get anything fixed period.

I tried calling and calling Skiers choice, all the extensions would never pick up and the messages I left on the general mailbox were never returned.

Finally to get some answers, I had to punch the extension number for "Sales" in and within two rings someone answered the phone....how convenient...don't miss oneof those calls...

All in all the boat is a good boat, but between the dealerrship and the manufacturer, terrible customer service.
    I own a Supra and could not but help comment on this post. I have had a couple issues this year with my boat. The first happened early in the Spring when the dealer replaced my O2 sensor and flashed the wrong software on the ECU and perfect pass would not work, took a week and half and it was fixed. I also had the swivel board racks replaced by Roswell for free, it did take a couple months to get them, but they did replace them.

Last month I noticed a hairline crack in the rudder, never hit anything, a defective rudder. Took it down to the dealer, took some pictures, sent it in to SC and in about a week and half the part was ordered and is sitting at the dealer waiting for me to bring the boat in and have it installed. They are also taking care of a gelcoat flaw and a broken bilge pump #2 in the ski locker. I have been using the boat with the hairline crack with no problems and will be taking it in next month when I winterize the boat.

I had good results with both warranty claims, although I will say, expect your boat to be down for 2-3 weeks if you have a significant repair. By the time the dealer contacts skiers choice, they approve the claim, and ship the part out and have it repaired by the dealer it will take some time. How you have gone for months without any results is baffling???? I have a hard time believing you called SC and could not ever get a hold of someone in the warranty department. And obviously your dealer is horrible if this is how they are doing business and SC needs to be notified of this.

Here are some contacts for you:

Rob Loucks - [email protected]
    Roger Lowery - [email protected]

I have personally contacted both of them with good results.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Default Follow up

I do have to say after posting this post, my warranty claim has been taken care of.

Yes your right I have been on here since June and just now brought it up because it has gotten to the point of rediculousness. I unfortunately don't have all the time to sit behind a message board all the time, my free time i like to get the boat out when I'm not working.

I have had other warranty claims taken care of right away with Skiers Choice. I am not sure if this was a perfect storm of events, but again I sent in my CD player April 22,2009 and it arrived back at my dealer on September 26th, 2009, 5 months later. Mind you this was all during boating season. I had to buy another cd player and put it in on my own dollar to ensure I could actually have music on my boat for the summer. Put yourself in my shoes, then tell me your thoughts.

The dealer said thier hands were tied and that it was all up to Skiers Choice.

Bottom line about the post, I have freinds who have mastercraft, they are expensive and they are nice. But I don't get me wrong I love my Moomba, it has a sick wake and is a great boat. However I specifically remember when buying my boat asking about the warranty and warranty claims and being reassured how easy it is. So when something like this happens it doesnt leave a good feeling in my stomach.

But to follow up once I posted this, I received much needed assistance and appreciate it. This was the service I was sold on and expect.

With that said you can Delete the post if you would like and all I ask is that you please provide we deserve as moomba customers, every single one of us. Thank you,

Robby
    To get things you have never had, you need to do things you have never done...

I have owned my boat for 2 years now, I also have had a few problems with it. I took it back to the dealer and problem was solved. I think that it has nothing to do with SC. I really think it has to do with the dealer. My brother-in-law also had a few problems with his Supra. Same story, he took it to the dealer and it was taken care of. The very first time, I had taken the boat out, it was 122 degrees on the water that summer. The engine vapor locked. I did not know this at the time. Took the boat in and SC had told the dealer to install a secondary pump in the boat. Never had a problem with it since. The guys that I deal with are a great bunch of guys. They really go out of their way to please the customer. Dumb question but does your dealer sell any other type of boats. Just wanted to see if they are focusing on a more expensive types of boats. My dealer does. But the difference is that they treat all customer the same, no matter what type of boat they are buying. Just my two cents.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

They sell Moomba and Supra, thats it. The problem according to them was that my claim was stuck at Skiers choice, they had it in the system when they sent it in and it was a claim that had to be approved by skiers choice for a new stereo. This is what my dealer told me. Your correct about the other stuff, I have had other things go wrong and they fix it right away, but on this issue it took forever. It especially sucks when its the stereo thats broke because I am sure everyone uses thier radio when they are out.

If you do not mind me asking, What was wrong with the radio? We never did get the problems you were having.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

The deck was not reading cd's and my remote was not working on the drivers side. I pulled the deck out to find out that the deck didnt even have a remote wire coming off the back of it at all.

Sorry to hear it. As I understand it, these Kenwood head units don't have the lead for the remote on them from the factory - it is sent out someplace to have them added. They must have missed it on yours and I would have thought the guy in charge of wiring the remote would have noticed and said something. Your boat must have been built on a Friday

In my opinion, the dealer should have been following up on a regular basis with SC in your behalf, instead of you having to call SC directly. And I would have thought that at some point, the dealer would have taken a head unit out of a new boat on their showroom and swap it out for yours so that you could have a function stereo in the meantime (and they would have a satisfied customer).
    Last edited by cab13367; 10-22-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV