Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Actually the Kenwood Marine Head Units have the remote wire coming off the back of them, I know this because the one I bought I made sure it had this.

As for the dealer, exactly, I asked them if they could just give me a working one off another boat so I could at least use my deck without me buying one. They said this was impossible, nice right?

And your right about checking on it, they should have done a better job of doing so, so maybe the post should say "go Moomba, but not through Gonnason's"
    To get things you have never had, you need to do things you have never done...

it would appear from the op's story that both skiers and the dealership are at fault here to some degree. ultimately, the blame may lie in kenwood's hands for the time to ship a repair/replace unit, but skiers should have been following up, and the dealer should have been following up..
    I understand the dealer not wanting to uninstall a deck off a boat for sale to help you out, but after 3-4 weeks(what I would consider an acceptable time waiting), skiers should have taken one out of inventory and shipped it to the dealer, then they deal with kenwood on the repair...

handled wrong in many ways, but glad you have a working unit.. I would hope that if you are stuck with an extra deck now that the dealer or skiers maybe offers a store merch credit for the value of the deck you bought to help out
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

They haven't offered any credit for it at all, I wish they would as I have a deck and the amp sitting in the back of my truck looking for a new home.
    To get things you have never had, you need to do things you have never done...

Wow!! Correct me if I am wrong. I know when I do electrical work on any project, I always check to see it it works. If not then troubleshooting until it works. I know if it didn't work, I will be getting a call from my customer filling my ear with you know what. I wonder why either SC or the dealer did not check this out. I do agree, it was a mistake on both parties. One for not doing the job right and checking it, and for the dealer following up on the entire install. I know when I saw my boat for the very first time, it was still wrapped in the white plastic film. My dealer cut the top open so I can see what it looked like on the inside. I did notice that the tower needed to be built. When I came back the following week, It had just came back from the water test. They did a few tweeks and off to the lake again for our water test. Like I said earlier, the guys I delt with were awesome. They really took care of me. It would be nice if everyone was like that. Great customer service. it seems that subject will be in the history books some day titled "The day we had great customer service" Glad to hear the problem has been taken care of. Now we all hope you can enjoy your boat.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default MC

we have every make of wakeboard boat in our circle except for a few Tige,Epic centurion... And Ive seen disasters on all of them. From pumps not working and a MC sinking because of a leak!!! to smoked engines. I dont think it matters.Theres no magic company. Youve got to manage your own boat and cross your fingers, Ive had my boat for 5 years and 2 things went wrong. The impeller which I should of replace after the second year and a dead battery. I have 350 hours on the boat. I paid a third of what most paid for their boats. Dont get me wrong, MC boats are beautiful. Upholstery is better,layout of gauges-there sick boats!!! We added about 500 lbs of lead weight and still dont have the same size wake as a MC or Nautique but can consistintly do spins and basic inverts. Whats not to love. I think because the economy is so bad they are thinning out staff which mean slower service for us but a great time to buy a new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgardipee View Post
    They sell Moomba and Supra, thats it. The problem according to them was that my claim was stuck at Skiers choice, they had it in the system when they sent it in and it was a claim that had to be approved by skiers choice for a new stereo. This is what my dealer told me. Your correct about the other stuff, I have had other things go wrong and they fix it right away, but on this issue it took forever. It especially sucks when its the stereo thats broke because I am sure everyone uses thier radio when they are out.
    I can understand your frustrations but as you mentioned your other issues were handled right away.

I wouldn't get so worked up over a $130 stereo deck. As long as the majoy parts are taken care of don't sweat the small stuff. Your wasting all that energy bruiting over something when you should spend that time on the water like you said in an earlier post.

I spent 2 months waiting on a 2K upgrade at the start of the season, sometimes nothing you can do but wait. It sucks and its frustrating i know. Right now im dealing with Boat-mate to warranty the pain on my trailer thats only 8 months old. It all cracked about to chip and i have a custom painted trailer to match my boat. Nothing i can do but keep taking pics and bugging them till they say repaint this guys trailer to she will shut the hell up LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    And I would have thought that at some point, the dealer would have taken a head unit out of a new boat on their showroom and swap it out for yours so that you could have a function stereo in the meantime (and they would have a satisfied customer).
    Exactly what my Dealer did for me on a cracked ballast strainer 2 days before Memorial Day weekend (Centurion/Nautique dealer). I'd be pissed at the dealer, not SC.

I have a Centurion and ride malibu and other Cents regularly all with problems. If it doesn't keep you off the water then I chalk it up to being a minor thing.

If you bought a MC and had the same issue you'd add to your frustration with "dang boat cost twice as much as a moomba and this crap happens."

----go have a few beers in your Moomba and think of the $30k you saved over a MC and how you can upgrade the stereo?

Sled491 Guest

Too bad about this. My stereo had problems as well, but my dealer did put one in from another boat to get me going. I assume they knew that SC would take care of it, as long as they (my dealer) took care of me. Not all dealers, dealership owners, service managers, service techs, sales men, are created equal, it's unfortunate but true.

Lucky for me all the great ones ended up at my dealer Go Lauderdale Lakes Marine!!!

My first radio took a crap also. I called my dealership and told them the problem. SC took forever for a response. I went out to buy a new radio. Any other problems I had with the boat, SC took care of it no problem. Maybe it is because it is not their product. Maybe it is a Kenwood issue and not a SC issue. Maybe SC should start putting in the warranty and registration card in with our paper. That way we can take care of it and not depend on someone else to take care of it. I know when I purchase an appliance. I know Sears is not responsible I call the manufacturer and they set something up for repair. I think the same is for the radio.
    Just my two cents.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

but yet if you buy a new nissan with the bose system installed, nissan covers it, not bose, or mark levinson in a lexus, etc...
    now I know that when you buy a new car, the tires are warrantied by the tire company, but in 99% of cases, the dealer will help you take care of it and will ultimately fight the battle for you if the service is not up to par.

if you really want to get down to it, skiers doesn't make the engine, tower, glass, bilge pumps, ballast pumps and steering among many other parts, but they warranty all that stuff.

my .02 is that if skiers chooses to use a kenwood deck, they cover it for the warranty period. they should be doing the fighting at kenwood for you. if kenwood doesn't want to play, then there's a ton of other companies that would love the business. my guess is that there is a larger % of claims on the deck than any other part in the boat(other than gel issues) and skiers just does not want to deal with it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten