Default 2004 Outback vs 2006 Outback LSV

This was our first summer behind a true towboat. Our 04 outback has a tower and the factory under seat ballast. I know the LSVs looks bigger inside and newer always looks bigger but...

How much of a difference would I see upgrading to a LSV? Is there a hull difference? Does the G3 make a big difference?

Thanks,
    Jamie
    2004 Factory Outback

I upgraded from an 2009 Outback V to a 2009 LSV within the same year for a few reasons. The first thing I would ask you is what kind sports do you use your boat for ski, wakeboard or Surfing? If you plan on doing the surfing, then the LSV for sure. The LSV is a bigger boat, with way more over head tower clearence (about 6 - 8" taller when staninf in the boat). The B3 system is great for turing up some pretty huge wakes, also for surfing, the B3 allows you to fill only one corner of the boat to tip it in the direction the surfer rides on. But then in reallity you cant go wrong with both choices, just a matter of $$$ and what you want to use it for.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

My last name is ABBott ....

I primarily wakeboard but I'm very interested in surfing behind the boat. My kids would go tubing all day everyday. (I make them do drills on the wakeboard or skiis to earn passes on the tubes)

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    I upgraded from an 2009 Outback V to a 2009 LSV within the same year for a few reasons. The first thing I would ask you is what kind sports do you use your boat for ski, wakeboard or Surfing? If you plan on doing the surfing, then the LSV for sure. The LSV is a bigger boat, with way more over head tower clearence (about 6 - 8" taller when staninf in the boat). The B3 system is great for turing up some pretty huge wakes, also for surfing, the B3 allows you to fill only one corner of the boat to tip it in the direction the surfer rides on. But then in reallity you cant go wrong with both choices, just a matter of $$$ and what you want to use it for.

How different would the outback lsv be to the mobius lsv - 1 foot right, I want to maximize my ride but minimize the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    (I make them do drills on the wakeboard or skiis to earn passes on the tubes)
    Funny. I some times forget the kneeboard so jr will ride the wakeboard more...it has worked.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

That is a dirty, filthy trick to pull on a kid. I know this because . . . oh well, let's just say I've heard of others that have done it too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!