Default Important Update to My Winterization Post

McDye correctly brought to my attention that I neglected to mention draining the "J" hose on my write up. Although in my opinion, it is not critical as draining the engine block drains most of the water in the "J" hose, I recommend draining this hose in order to get as much water out of the system as possible. Accordingly, I have revised my original post to include the "J" hose. The "J" hose can be found on the port and aft (rear) side of the engine. It goes from the thermostat housing to the water recirc pump (I think that's what it's called).

Sorry for any inconvenience this omission might have caused.

This is what was added to the winterization post:

Disconnect the bottom of the "J" hose where it connects to the water recirc pump.
    Last edited by cab13367; 10-12-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default great addition

I would agree that this is worth adding to one's winterization task list.

After a couple years of winterization without this extra step being performed (dealer/localshop), I had this hose split/rupture on me right where that little bit of extra water would sit.

Certainly nothing a screwdriver and roll of duct tape couldn't fix until the new hose came in; but when your temp's start rising, ecu puts engine into limp-home mode, and the bilge runs non-stop yet still loses ground, I'll take the extra 30 seconds during winterization from now on!