Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winter projects

Default winter projects

well, since the season is winding down quickly for those of us not lucky enough to live in the nice southern climate, boats will be down for the winter. figure it's time to post up what you have planned for the boat over the winter..
    post up what you plan on accomplishing while your beloved boat is hibernating and don't forget to snap some pics along the way

me, plan on the following.....
    -replace the ballast setup with the 3-pump setup and ditch the sprinkler valves, along with replacing the last g-3 bag with a 750 rear.
    -upgrade to stargazer(based on ed's positive experience with surfing)
    -replace the tower speakers with hollowpoints, in-boats with skylons, subs with kicker L7's and the amps(don't know yet)
    -14x14.25 prop to replace the 13x17 on there.
    -replace and polish the swivels on the wakeboard racks
    -replace the black decking on the trailer sides and the guidepole pads(gotta keep the trailer looking nice)

think that's enough to keep me going for the winter, but if I have time and, more importantly money, I plan to replace the bow light with a pop-up, add tower lights, led's on the trailer and led's in the boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Here's mine:
    Replace my Optimas with two 6 volt Kinetics
    Install my 160 amp alternator
    Crystal white Led's in all compartments, cup holders, and possible gauges
    Would love to upgrade to HCLD tower speakers with a hand made enclosure. (Realistically a project for next winter)
    Have all the parts to build a light bar except the lights. Still looking... maybe someone here could help me out?
    Build a spare tire mount on the trailer with a matching wheel.
    Oh and I'd love to install a pop-up bow light.
    I mean come on... Its only money... Right?

Manandley I have to build a box for my buddies LSV for under the dash so I'll go ahead and build one for you too! I'll be hitting you up for those kickers soon!

PWI as usual...

Hey Newty,

Could I get in on the sub box under the dash too?? What are you planning to build? Does it require extensive surgery to the footbox like you did you your boat? How much? Please PM me the details.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default the winter list

Ok -- let's see:
    tower speakers (probably not HCLD's - too much coin this year)
    upgrade amp and install a 2nd
    replace and upgrade sub - probably JL
    replace cabin speakers with Polk db651's
    dual battery setup with isolator (probably blue sea)
    seadek
    surf rack
    ski rack
    upgrade 400lb ballast to 700
    install depth guage
    led's in cup holders and under dash
    Hmmmmmm......if I get all that done it should be spring and I can go play again. Can't wait!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Cab, I'm not going to go that far. I'll use the factory foot rest as a template and build the box to contour the floor with the the sub facing either up or back depending on how you want it. Then I'll build a baffle to cover it up and mold around your cupholder if need be.
    I cant imagine it sticking out as far as mine does the only difference is if the sub faces up the will not have the grill exposed.

PWI as usual...

Newty,

What is the goal here? To increase the volume of the sub enclosure, or to seal it, or both? I like my current placement (in the footbox) but need to seal it to get tighter base (it's very boomy right now). Do you think there is enough volume in the stock footbox? I am running a 10" Polk/MOMO sub.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The goal is to provide an enclosure that is built to the spec's of the sub required to make the sub run efficiently. The footrest is a convenient place to put a woofer but it is very inefficient in that state. Having a box will improve the quality and volume of sound like you wouldn't believe.
    Hope that answered your question.

PWI as usual...

razzman steered me away from putting it in the footrest and facing it back and so did the professionals that helped do the install of mine. they both said it sounds better having something to hit and bounce off of and i'm glad i took their advice cause it feels like surround sound u can feel it all around the back of the boat when the sub hits.

my list is quite smaller cause of the purchase of my boat and tower speakers and upgrades.

seadek cover ...i have it just need to install it
    evolution cover shipped and on its way

i do like the led lights but unless your on your boat alot during dark isn't that kinda pointless to have??

still kickin around the idea of a swivel captain seat ... anyone do it and regret it or is that the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    razzman steered me away from putting it in the footrest and facing it back and so did the professionals that helped do the install of mine. they both said it sounds better having something to hit and bounce off of and i'm glad i took their advice cause it feels like surround sound u can feel it all around the back of the boat when the sub hits.
    Gus,

Could you please post some pics of your sub set up?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV