Thread: Rhino liner

Hybrid View

Default Rhino liner

Anyone thought about replacing the worthless carpet with Rhino Liner? I know they offer custom color apps, just wondering if it would make sense on the floor. Seems like it would, it's not slip and durable. Anyone opinions?

Worst mistake you'll ever make. Besides what Ed said, it being ultra hard on feet and knees, it's a messy install and almost impossible to remove if you don't like it afterwards.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I like the concept, and want to do something like that with my boat, but not sure what product to use. I want to pull all the carpet out, finish the floor with something, and then get some carpets hemmed with snaps like the Axis and some MC's are done. That way, I can take out the carpets and clean them, and hose out the boat.

Snap out carpets would be one upgrade I'd gladly pay for.

Seadek would be an awesome floor. Not cheap though.
    1998 Moomba Outback, Indmar Blackhawk

I'm partial to the carpet, but if you wanted to take it out you could put down some non-skid paint. West Marine has a few different types. It wouldn't be as expensive as seadek or rhino lining. I have rhino lining in my truck, and although it is softer than line-x, I still wouldn't want to walk on it barefoot very much.

I saw an episode of ship shape tv where he used some non-skid paint to re-do the floor of a boat. It didn't look extremely difficult to do. afterwards you could probably put in some snaps for a removable carpet too.