Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino liner

Default Rhino liner

Anyone thought about replacing the worthless carpet with Rhino Liner? I know they offer custom color apps, just wondering if it would make sense on the floor. Seems like it would, it's not slip and durable. Anyone opinions?

Worst mistake you'll ever make. Besides what Ed said, it being ultra hard on feet and knees, it's a messy install and almost impossible to remove if you don't like it afterwards.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I like the concept, and want to do something like that with my boat, but not sure what product to use. I want to pull all the carpet out, finish the floor with something, and then get some carpets hemmed with snaps like the Axis and some MC's are done. That way, I can take out the carpets and clean them, and hose out the boat.

Snap out carpets would be one upgrade I'd gladly pay for.

Seadek would be an awesome floor. Not cheap though.
    1998 Moomba Outback, Indmar Blackhawk

I'm partial to the carpet, but if you wanted to take it out you could put down some non-skid paint. West Marine has a few different types. It wouldn't be as expensive as seadek or rhino lining. I have rhino lining in my truck, and although it is softer than line-x, I still wouldn't want to walk on it barefoot very much.

I saw an episode of ship shape tv where he used some non-skid paint to re-do the floor of a boat. It didn't look extremely difficult to do. afterwards you could probably put in some snaps for a removable carpet too.

I think the carpet is worthless because its not removable, it stains and mildews super easy, and nce the carpet is a year old its not as fluffy and soft as it was new. It basically makes the interior of my boat look like hell. No offense to Moomba or anything.

The Seadek concept is a good idea, I'll definitley look into that. What kind of price range am I looking at? Any ideas?

As far as the Rhino Liner goes, I guess that would be kind of hard on your feet and knees. Just figured since its skid proof and durable it would make sense in a boat.

Does anyone agree with me on the carpet though?

Thanks but already tried. Out of everything I tried, that was the best method. You could see the dirt rising up,it was gross. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcoutsfly View Post
    Thanks but already tried. Out of everything I tried, that was the best method. You could see the dirt rising up,it was gross. haha.
    How old is your boat and what are you doing or what is contributing to making the carpet that bad (stored outdoors, messy people, jello shots, the dreaded Doritos or Cheeto stains?)

Boats an 07' so not that old. When I bought the boat I was 20yrs old so I spent the first summer at party cove loaded with friends. I've spent the last 2years trying to clean it up. I strictly ride now so I want it nice again. Everything is in good shape except the carpet and some scratches on the hull.