Default Oxidation on sides of boat

I just picked up a '99 Outback and on the stern as well as starboard aft there is some oxidation/sun exposure that has left the area faded. What products do you recommend to bring back the color (its red)? Also, is this painted on or is it a sticker?

Not sure of its painted or sticker as no picture. If you mean the color in general its part of the hull and wont rub off.

Meguires Oxidation removal #45 i think it is. 9 bucks a bottle sold at almost any boat shop.

Rub it on like wax and you will see and feel the slight grit. Use an orbital buffer or do it old school wax on wax off method.

When your done use a quality wax like Megurie's Marine wax or any other FIBERGLASS wax, wouldn't recommend Auto wax. This will bring the shine right back.

Its also the same way to fix light to moderate scratches in the boat from boards or the dock hitting the boat.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks. Like you, I am unsure if the color is painted on or if it is a sticker. Heck, I am just pumped about the boat itself. I will definitely give Meguires a try!

polar, the 99 should be a metalflake finish unless it's been repainted. I had a 1979 Glastron that oxidized and I used a rubbing compound and it looked good for most of the summer and then it oxidized again so I wouldn't do much until next year when your ready to go out. Eventually, I couldn't keep the oxidization off for very long so a paint shop put on a new coat of clearcoat and I never had anymore problems with it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD