Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surf Tabs?

Deploying a tab would create "lift" on that side. Same effect as a center mounted trim tab, when down it helps lift the transom higher in the water/pushes the bow lower. This is why some ski boats have "hook" in the transom of the hull.

At 10-11mph you can't create much lift, but you can push the water to help shape the wake.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboardcorey View Post
    At 10-11mph you can't create much lift, but you can push the water to help shape the wake.

I can see that almost the same as adding xtra lbs to push the water down further-as long as the balast can overpower the lifting effect of the tab at 10mph ---kinda creating a lower/deeper hull line with the same amount of ballast
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

ragboy on ww did some testing with the platform off of his old tige and iirc, taking it off had adverse affects on the wake. seems that the platform helps.
    will be real interested to see some a/b comparisons if that is possible, but seems that this will be a lot of cash for not a big improvement..

on a related note, the install looks top notch. nice job
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Has anyone else "raised the swim platform about 2 inches"?

I'm very interested in the raising of the swim platform. Does it help get it out of the way of the wake and create a better (higher, longer, deeper) wave? I have been surfing behind our Moomba OBV for a couple of years now and had heard this change made a difference on other Makes of boats out there.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboardcorey View Post
    Figured you guys might like some photos of an install we just did. We installed the outside "surf" tabs and raised the swim platform about 2" (using spacers between brackets and platform) to get better clearance of the wake and for a better bracket location for the actuator.

That's good stuff Sandm, and I respect everything that Ragboy and the Wake9 folks have done for Wakesurfing.

Aside from a replacement / mod to the swim deck, have you seen the results of simply raising it up a bit with spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

nope. I just remember him saying that removing the deck had adverse effects on the overall wake. that the best solution was reshaping it and cleaning up the bottom of it.

This may have been posted, but like Sandm said, I think the key is a completly smooth bottom, with zero lip on the platform.

Good point Dusty. I do recall someone mentioning that the lip of the deck was the largest contributor to hindering the wake. I was chatting with the local Moomba dealer shop guys and they said they could "fill" the deck with foam and spray fiberglass over it to harden it.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    This may have been posted, but like Sandm said, I think the key is a completly smooth bottom, with zero lip on the platform.

any posive results from this trim tab install? always looking to increase or shape the wake better..... would love to hear how the owner is liking th ewave...