Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Tabs?

Default Surf Tabs?

Anyone know how well these work and can you add them aftermarket. Sanger had them in 09 and MC has an x2 for 2010. looks like a decent idea to "cant" the boat to the surf side.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1249300760
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Since those "surf tabs" are nothing more than trim tabs I see no reason they would not work for varios reasons, I would love to see someone mount a set on a lsv and report on it. How cool would it to be able to run 1/2 the ballast and still get a great wave all from a plate, or run full ballast and get a tsunami big wave
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

^^are you volunteering to lead the charge toward the tsunami wave?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I wish, but not now.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The cost of the trim tab is probably nothing compared to the price of installing them. I think the trim tab system is around $800-ish

Yo Da, I installed some Bennet Trim tabs, on a previous boat (I am sure that is what the "surf tabs" are). They were a pretty easy install and took about 2 hours. The first hour was spent measuring everything about twenty times before I drilled into the boat.

Figured you guys might like some photos of an install we just did. We installed the outside "surf" tabs and raised the swim platform about 2" (using spacers between brackets and platform) to get better clearance of the wake and for a better bracket location for the actuator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome, any soft water to give it a try out or are all the lakes still frozen over?

Are the tabs in the way of the tie down straps?

Did you have to raise the platform for the actuators to have room?

Is that on a 02-05 LSV or a 06-08 Outback V ?
    Last edited by moombadaze; 02-18-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Dying to see the results. Hope you took a "before" pic of the surf wake.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Even the river is pretty full of ice yet! It was 50 degrees this week but only 18 today so ice out is still a ways out. The Tech installing the tabs owns a Supra Launch DD and installed a similar setup on it last year. I haven't ridden with him since the install but he thought they worked well for cleaning up and shaping the wake.

I had to compress the images to get them to fit but the tie downs should not be affected but the lifting eye is an inch or two inside of the tab itself.

Yes, that was the main reason we raised the platform, we felt the system would work a lot better with the actuators placed as they are. FWIW we still had to remove a bit of the platform on the side nearest the boat to get the right fit.