Default for those surfing 2009+ OBV...

anyone try that suggestion to add weight to the opposite of your surf side with any success?

I tried it, made absolutely no difference in the surf wake. Zero. Nada.

Just curious if it's because of our hull design

i had a hunch that was you. welcome back. tatoo kinda gave it away.
    have not tried it yet, kinda like venting the ballast bags. great for filling still stinks for draining
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Didn't work for me, washed out the surfside wake. I've got 2 750's in the rear with a 400 sitting on surfside seat. Up front I've got 400 in the front ski locker and another 400 sitting on top of the locker. However, I'm still experimenting with the idea.

Welcome back Ed!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

Thanks for the welcome back cb!

I'm of the opinion that with the 2009+ OBV hull, having 400 in the front and 750's in the rear is as good as it gets.

I'm not complaining - I absolutely LOVE my surf wake.

Skiers Choice was dead nuts on designing this boat.

I've tried more weight in the rear corners (1100 lbs) and was totally disappointed.

i was on the surfing thread on wake world and some of those boats surf wakes are just straight up insane.

[img]http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14799&stc=1&d=13083506 63[img/]

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'm able to get a pretty decent wave off my old ass 2000 LSV, I can't afford anything newer, but I'm damn impressed with the wave it puts out. I actually have to put weight on the opposite side often as the side the boat listing (surf side) gets so low water will go over my back comparment and starting filling the boat with unwanted ballast! I bet the wave would look better also if the picture was taken low off the swimstep like the pictures above, unlike mine from the middle of the boat.

In all though, I would say not much improvement for weight on the opposite side of the surf side, the only thing that I notice doing that with my older boat is too much weight on the surf side flattens the wave out... its clean dont get me wrong, just flat. I perfer to have weight on the opposite side to steepen the wave. Just my personal preference.

2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Quote Originally Posted by bbuhtz View Post
    I'm able to get a pretty decent wave off my old ass 2000 LSV, I can't afford anything newer, but I'm damn impressed with the wave it puts out. I actually have to put weight on the opposite side often as the side the boat listing (surf side) gets so low water will go over my back comparment and starting filling the boat with unwanted ballast! I bet the wave would look better also if the picture was taken low off the swimstep like the pictures above, unlike mine from the middle of the boat.

In all though, I would say not much improvement for weight on the opposite side of the surf side, the only thing that I notice doing that with my older boat is too much weight on the surf side flattens the wave out... its clean dont get me wrong, just flat. I perfer to have weight on the opposite side to steepen the wave. Just my personal preference.

That is a very fine wave indeed sir!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V