Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sweet Cab ill have to do that man. I do still need to run my boat by AWS as they are going to look at why the boat wont center on my trailer. No matter how hard i try and how slow i go, use the winch or not the D ring never hits the center of my roller. Plus no matter how deep or shallow the trailer is the nose always hits the roller. I figure next week or the week after. Let me know what days are good for you man. I am always off Sun threw Tues.

Did or do you Fog your boat Cab?

Newty i was wondering the same about not Winterizing because my HVAC and water heater sit next to the boat. I am going to winterize this season then keep a thermostat in the garage and see how cold it really gets in there. I know when it snowed last year i could see my breath in the garage but that only means its in the 40s.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The first year I had a boat I kept a little tupperware in the boat about half full of water and just watched it periodically. Never came close to freezing.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Sweet Cab ill have to do that man. I do still need to run my boat by AWS as they are going to look at why the boat wont center on my trailer. No matter how hard i try and how slow i go, use the winch or not the D ring never hits the center of my roller. Plus no matter how deep or shallow the trailer is the nose always hits the roller. I figure next week or the week after. Let me know what days are good for you man. I am always off Sun threw Tues.

Did or do you Fog your boat Cab?
    Sundays would work, just let me know when. I think I PM'd you my phone # previously. Yes, I do fog the engine when I winterize but I have not winterized yet.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    The first year I had a boat I kept a little tupperware in the boat about half full of water and just watched it periodically. Never came close to freezing.
    I have a remote temp sending unit that I put in the boat and monitor from inside and you're right, it doesn't get close to freezing in my garage either.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

So I checked the amp draw on the 700 gph evac pumps and the amp rating on the switch. The amp rating on the switch is 10A (not 20A as the dealer told me) and the amp draw on the evac pumps are 2.8A each so the switch should be able to handle the amp draw when all three evac pumps are on.

I'll post some pics when I do the mod in case anyone else wants to do the same.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

if it does exceed the amperage of the switch, use a 30amp relay. that way, the relay will take the hit of power and not the switch. I have a wiring diagram for the relay if you need it. Just let me know. Good luck with the wiring project.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

So this turned out to be more complicated than I thought. Instead of just one power wire feeding all three switches, there are 5 - one for the fill pump, one for each evac pump, and one for the switch lights. So at this point, I am abandoning this little project. Thanks for the help anyway.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quitter!

PWI as usual...

Cab. Why not attack it this way. There is a 6 slot fuse block under the dashboard of the boat. Those fuses are for the pumps. Three for the in coming pumps and three for the out going pumps. Now find the main hot wire coming in to the block. Remove that wire, place a relay there and wire in your switch. When switch is off, it cuts all power to the fuse block. Turn the switch on and you have normal operation. Let me know if you need any help with this. It is a real easy thing to do.
    Tazz

p.s. A 30 amp relay will take all the power to operate your pumps. a simple 12v to a switch will open and close the relay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Relay-and-Socket...item2ea84ec26d
    Last edited by tazz3069; 10-11-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Tazz,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. One thing is that my boat was converted from g1 to g3 by the dealer so I'm not sure if my set up will be the same as a factory install.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Tazz,

I just checked and I have the fuse block that you mentioned with a single hot wire running to it. I didn't even know that existed, thanks for the tip. I'm real ignorant when it comes to electrical stuff so forgive this dumb question. What is the purpose of the relay? Why can't I just run the hot wire over to the switch on the dash and back to the fuse block? Is it because the switch can't take the amp load, and the relay somehow reduces the current that the switch sees?

Also, the relay that you linked to has 5 wires. How do I know which ones to use? I assume I only use two of them.

Thanks again.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV