Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Al
    One of the wires on the relay is not used. I still have not found a 4 wire yet. I have a wire diagram for the relay. One wire goes directly to the battery, one wire to the fuse block, one wire to the ground, and the last wire to the switch(or switch leg. The switch will activate the relay, the relay closes witch will power the fuse block. with the fuse block now powered up, you can operate your switches. Let me know if this is the way you want to go. I will try to scan the wire diagram for you. If it can not be scanned, I will tell you what wire does what.
    Mark
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks Tazz. I did a little reading up on how a relay works and I have a better idea now but I would still appreciate a wiring diagram.

Is there a local chain store that I could buy this relay from instead of Ebay? Like Radio Shack or something?

Thanks again for the help.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

They should. I did try Auto zone, Pepboys, Chiefs Auto. They do not have anything like that. I do not see why Radio shack should not have anything like that. Maybe go to their web site and see if they offer that relay and wire harness. You could just get the relay without the harness. I, personally, like the wire harness. I will find the diagram for you.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Tazz,

I found one at Baxter auto parts and it came with wiring instructions so I think I'm good.

Thanks again for the tip.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Tazz,

Just wanted to say thanks again for your help with this little project. I got it done tonight and the relay works like a charm. The "Aux" switch on my dash now serves as a main breaker for the three Gravity III ballast switches so that they don't get accidentally turned on or off.

What prompted me to do this is that I was wakeboarding one time with just the front bag filled and my wife driving. There were plenty of people on the boat to create a good enough wakeboarding wake and I didn't want to wait for the rear bags to fill so I went ahead and jumped in. As my set went on, I noticed that the wake on one side was slowly deteriorating. After I finally called it quits and came on the boat, I noticed that the one of the rear bags was almost completely filled as my wife had accidentally bumped the fill switch to the bag. So now, once I have the bags the way I want them, I will turn power off to the ballast switches via the Aux switch before I go ride.

If anyone wants to do the same mod, let me know and I will post a detailed procedure. The only cost is the relay (about $6) in the link that Tazz provided earlier in this thread which you can probably find in an autoparts store as well (I found it at a Baxters for $9). And it's about a 15 minute job - you just have to cut and splice into one wire then connect 4 of the wires on the relay (1 to a ground, two to the wire that was cut, and one to the Aux switch).

Thanks again Tazz!

Al
    Last edited by cab13367; 10-16-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

No problem AL. I am glad I was able to help you out.