Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Epic last outing of the year!!!

So two weeks ago we had our last outing of the year. Water was as flat as I've seen and the setting was incredible. No other boats on the lake! Today the temp was 3 F this morning. Great memories to carry us to 2010!!! Here are a few pictures.
    2008 LS

A couple more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LS

Those pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Holy Crap! Where in Montana is that lake? Is it near an airport? How much does a modest house cost? What are the closest winter ski resorts?
    Last edited by deerfield; 10-10-2009 at 09:25 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

Easy Deerfield, easy boy

Beautiful background, great pics

Hey Kurt,
    what lake is that? Is that in Glacier?
    You don't see that kind of glass around MT very often.
    But then again - you can't always go out first part of October either.
    Nice pics..............

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Last day

Kurt, glad you could get out. No jackets? Isn't it amazing the conditions you can get there? I see you are skiing without a suit also. I was watching on the news Montana had 90 deg days late in the season , crazy weather up there. Cool in August and hot in Sept.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Deerfield the answers are yes, and Whitefish Mountain Resort (AKA Big Mountain ski resort).

The lake is actually in Glacier National Park as Viking had guessed. First time we've ever been on this lake. They do have some restrictions being it's in the Park.

Jim no wetsuit. Air was 78-80F and water I'm guessing was about 63-65F. Truly the greatest lake I've had the opportunity to ski.

Last night it was 5F for overnight low. High was 31F. It's going to be a long winter. (So deep south Moomba owners how's Florida for skiing in March?)
    2008 LS

KurtL - Found this picture on the Glacier National Park web site. Near perfect setup. Snow ski in winter and water ski in summer. Both right there. I read the Park's boating rules. Nothing unreasonable about them. Skiing is restricted to two of the lakes, including Lake McDonald. - Deerfield

Did some checking of air service. Closest airport is Missoula. Takes most of a day through connecting city to travel from Missoula to East Coast. Ticket pricey, too. Probably not workable for weekly commute.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 10-11-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Kurt,

Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing. That's the kind of water you dream about.

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    KurtL - Found this picture on the Glacier National Park web site. Near perfect setup. Snow ski in winter and water ski in summer. Both right there. I read the Park's boating rules. Nothing unreasonable about them. Skiing is restricted to two of the lakes, including Lake McDonald. - Deerfield

Did some checking of air service. Closest airport is Missoula. Takes most of a day through connecting city to travel from Missoula to East Coast. Ticket pricey, too. Probably not workable for weekly commute.
    Deerfield,

You and are are kindred souls. If I won the lottery, I would live in a ski in/ski out cabin in winter and on a lake in summer.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV