Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Outback

Default 2010 Outback

Is Moomba coming out with a new Outback for 2010?

No, same great hull with a few interior tweaks. New fuel pump in tank, digital speed control standard, tower standard, new stereo option, plus a few minor things. Your dealer should have all the details.

The 2010's come standard with a system called digital cruise. It is controlled by Econtrol's ECM on the engine. E-controls owns Zero off. This standard system looks just like EZ cruise, the system that was standard the past couple of years (RPM based cruise). However, it is speed based now, not RPM. So you get up to your speed, hit the "set" button and it holds.

The first upgrade from there is this same system except you have a screen in the middle of the dash that shows the speed info (much like perfect pass's screen used the past couple of years). I believe this system allows you to program a few riders in as well.

The second upgrade is the zero off system.

I feel like most dealers will stock the first upgrade on their mobius boats. You can actually take this system, add an antenna from Zero off and you have zero off.

Jon, could it(digital cruise) be retro fitted to a 08 or 09 with the moomba cruise?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Not sure. I know Indmar used Econtrol's ECM in 2009 but do not know the exact details of how he 2010 system is wired/works. Hope to know in the near future when we get wiring diagrams from SC.

09 was compatible with ZO, but not the 08. For an 08 to use ZO, you have to hack the wiring harness or replace the ECM.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Im not going to do any upgradeing as ive only used the cruise i have now about 3-4 times, was just curious thats all. But maybe when i get out with you and actually see how it works i might change my mind.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

something to think about
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

When will a portable gps unit be avail. seems like it would be an easy item. there are handheld gps units now, just need to make them speed accurate for slalomcourse timing.

and holding speed and time in the course. Can't be that hard to develop, plug into exisitng harness, ecm, and all.

Jon,

What is the new standard OJ prop?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV