Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Subwoofer placement in an 08 XLV

After over a year of putting it off, I finally purchased a 10" sub and amp with the plans on building my own box for my XLV. I have built dozens of sub boxes over the years so the construction is no problem. The problem is where do I install it? I was thinking of right in front of the driver under the drivers side seat in the bow, but I can't find the space. I thought on the driver side rear under the passenger seats but again it's so tight. The sub needs 0.9-1.1 Ft^3.

Where does everyone else put their subwoofers on their XLV's? Pics please.

Right there with you on this one. I'm wanting either a single 12" or two 10" subs.

mine is installed in the kickpanel under the dash on the drivers side. don't know if moomba's are built the same as supras, but under the dash, there's a 90deg panel and then a 45deg panel that you can rest your feet on. the 45 is fiberglass. cut the hole in that and run it freeair. it's big enough for a 12" with around a 5-6" mounting depth.
    have seen others that place the sub in a box where the batteries are under the glovebox. downside is you lose some storage.

btw, da man, have 4 hollow points coming monday.. thanks for posting the link..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    mine is installed in the kickpanel under the dash on the drivers side. don't know if moomba's are built the same as supras, but under the dash, there's a 90deg panel and then a 45deg panel that you can rest your feet on. the 45 is fiberglass. cut the hole in that and run it freeair. it's big enough for a 12" with around a 5-6" mounting depth.
    have seen others that place the sub in a box where the batteries are under the glovebox. downside is you lose some storage.

btw, da man, have 4 hollow points coming monday.. thanks for posting the link..
    No prob, leaving early tomorrow morning to make the 3hr drive to Earmark Marine in Lewisville, TX. Can't wait to see what their showroom has. Did you see that they also put the JL G1300 Monoblock amps on sale...two amps for $400. I'm going to power the 4 Hollow Points with the two JL G1300 and get the JL G6600 6 channel amp for the cabin and sub. I already have a 2 battery setup and may add a 3rd.

can't afford amps right now. going to reconfigure the 2 kenwood 4ch I have to run everything right now. will add another amp next year to run the towers.

not to take business away from earmark, but if you check ebay, those same amps are cheaper.
    granted the warranty issues are harder to deal with, but it's been my experience with the 10-12 systems I have built in cars over the years that car audio either works out of the box or it doesn't. haven't ever needed a warranty after day one.
    Last edited by sandm; 10-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    can't afford amps right now. going to reconfigure the 2 kenwood 4ch I have to run everything right now. will add another amp next year to run the towers.

not to take business away from earmark, but if you check ebay, those same amps are cheaper.
    granted the warranty issues are harder to deal with, but it's been my experience with the 10-12 systems I have built in cars over the years that car audio either works out of the box or it doesn't. haven't ever needed a warranty after day one.
    I'll go ahead and get the JL G1300 amps for Earmark (only a few bucks more). I'm definately getting the JL G6600 on ebay since its about $200 less.

Check out my profile under the stereo pics. I ended up turning the sub forward and it sounded a lot better. It does solve the space issues. But are you willing to do the work? Cutting into the footrest was the hardest part (mentally).
    Last edited by newty; 10-06-2009 at 11:48 AM.

PWI as usual...

Did you change your subs Newty? Or are you talking about the one you have in front of the drivers feet and the other one is on your Port Bow side isnt it?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

No, the only thing I did was turn the sub so it faces forward under the drivers feet instead of straight back.
    Those kickers need to have something to bounce off of.

PWI as usual...

dang database error newty..

ohwell, got all winter..