Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Sandm, thats funny. Let us know how they sound. they testes on youtube are impressive but the quality through a digital recorder may not do it justice.

I have some kicker horns in some old school dorm speakers , they really blarred but my bose 301s had better sound.

501, what cans did you get and i would be interested in how the Krypt sounds.

enjoy.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have no doubt that a killer set of high end separates will blow these out of the water when it comes to a house, car or the interior of the boat. the hlcd's are really meant to be heard a ways away, and I am not expecting them to have the musical nuance of my setups in either car.

my first truck had a set of kicker truck boxes. they were a horn tweeter, an 8" sub and a 10" passive radiator in each box. they sounded good and got real loud, but did they sound great? no. kind of the expectation I have for these. good sounding, especially at a long distance, but not outstanding.

show me a speaker that can project like an hlcd and have the musical clarity of a high end set of focals or diamond audio's and I'll show you an engineer that won't ever work again for money
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'll split the royalties with you when we find it

you see this one, pretty cool on the water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3HVgyHEG0
    Last edited by jmvotto; 10-09-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

yea. nice vid.
    I don't need that kind of sound, but surfing/boarding, they will be nice..

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I'm hoping the Polk db651 will do ok as cabin speakers. It's $150 for 3 pair and free shipping so if they sound bad it's not a huge loss.
    Man these are an awesome price. Thinking about buying 3 pair myself. Would it be an UPGRADE from the stock Kenwoods they put in 2007 or about the same?
    thanx

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Man these are an awesome price. Thinking about buying 3 pair myself. Would it be an UPGRADE from the stock Kenwoods they put in 2007 or about the same?
    thanx
    Much better than the Kenwoods. Kicker is stock now.
    Wetsounds just started selling a new 6.5" speaker, the SS-65 (I pretty sure that's what they call it). Supposed to be $149 retail vs $229 for the XS-650 and 60w RMS vs 100w RMS for the XS-650. I was going to get the Polk db651 but I just learned bout these today. Wetsounds does not even have them on their website but Tim of Wetsounds says these are very solid speakers and will outperform anything in under $200 range. The SS-65 is a direct drop in speaker so no cutting like alot of boat owners have to do for the XS-650.

thanx
    anything would be an upgrade from those spekaers. they are crap. can't wait to get them out of my boat.. still amazed though if you have the kenwood sub what kind of quality they put into that driver. it's real nice..

viking, night and day. 50 bucks from crutchfield is a great buy. Without an amp it was a great trade up with the amp its even better, clean crisp sound.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Much better than the Kenwoods. Kicker is stock now.
    Wetsounds just started selling a new 6.5" speaker, the SS-65 (I pretty sure that's what they call it). Supposed to be $149 retail vs $229 for the XS-650 and 60w RMS vs 100w RMS for the XS-650. I was going to get the Polk db651 but I just learned bout these today. Wetsounds does not even have them on their website but Tim of Wetsounds says these are very solid speakers and will outperform anything in under $200 range. The SS-65 is a direct drop in speaker so no cutting like alot of boat owners have to do for the XS-650.
    Thanks,
    Let me know when you get word on where we can check them out and purchase. Price doesn't sound all that bad either. The db651 Polks are direct drop in's too aren't they?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Thanks,
    Let me know when you get word on where we can check them out and purchase. Price doesn't sound all that bad either. The db651 Polks are direct drop in's too aren't they?
    The Polk 651 are direct drop in speakers and from what I hear the screw holes line up as well.