Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Smile Happy Customer

I am a happy customer from Bullet Lines. Excellent communications, quality products and even better value.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    now back on topic..
    da man, how was the trip to earmark? won't have mine until next week
    really anxious to hear the difference in hlcd's and regular automotive speakers. won't get them installed until later this year though.
    thinking I'm going to tackle the fman/tazz ballast project first, since I'm going to rip out all the ballast gear as I'm winterizing.
    I just walked in the door from going up to Earmark Audio. Nice set up they have. They had 3 boats inside getting audio/lighting done to them. David gave me a little tour of the shop in the work area. Nice, clean shop with separate areas for paint, carpet/vinyl covering, and a separate closed off area for woodworking (that probably helps a ton in keeping the shop clean and not putting dust on the boats). They demoed the 770's for me in the shop with just the 770's, the 770's with a "cheap" 10" sub, and the 770's with a good 12" sub. When I was listening to the speakers we listened to Rush, Akon, and a little MJ so I got to here the speaker response to a little variety. I got 2 pair of 770's and 2 JL G1300 amps. Your speakers went out today David said (I mentioned you ordered the raw speaker for your Roswell cans). I was there for about 2 hrs in the shop. David went over everything with me as far as upgrading batteries, what type of battery I needed/wanted, chargers, Perko vs. combiner/separator, and how they would wire my system up for future growth. David even priced my install down to the last connector and foot of wire so I know ahead of time what it'll cost me and gave me options of EQ and subs. Even though I'm not having my boat worked on until early Spring, David said he would keep all the pricing and info for me in a file until then.

wish I had cans big enough for the 770's, but the 6.5's will be fine. wish I had seen the shop. would like to have heard them first, but oh well.
    I was impressed with the salesman I spoke with on saturday. they called this am to confirm ship address. seemed to be a real organized shop.

probably going to add 2 good 12's as well over the winter. one under the dash and one in the compartment where the batteries/amps go.
    only have 2 batteries but that should be plenty..

only question I have unanswered are power caps. think the deep cycle marine batteries make it a non-issue, but I had them in all my cars prior..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

wish I had cans big enough for the 770's, but the 6.5's will be fine. wish I had seen the shop. would like to have heard them first, but oh well.
    I was impressed with the salesman I spoke with on saturday. they called this am to confirm ship address. seemed to be a real organized shop.

probably going to add 2 good 12's as well over the winter. one under the dash and one in the compartment where the batteries/amps go.
    only have 2 batteries but that should be plenty..

only question I have unanswered are power caps. think the deep cycle marine batteries make it a non-issue, but I had them in all my cars prior..
    You were talking to David on Saturday. If you have any questions I'm sure David can help you out. I would like to get the Bullet 6.5 coax speakers but almost $200 with tax per pair. I'm sure it's night and day difference between the stock Kicker 620 coax speakers but David said even if I just stepped up to the Polk db651 it would be a noticeable improvement.

he seemed very knowledgable..
    I was going to go with the polks, but bought the skylon r125ib's for the interior. we'll see how they sound..
    db651's are on sale at crutchfield right now for a steal.. might want to pick them up while they still have them..
    shopping for amps next. too many to choose from, and I have always kind of had a thing for old school 80's-90's amps. MUCH better than some of the crap for sale now...
    I'd love to run a set of orion hcca 425's. system would rock wallet says no though..

he seemed very knowledgable..
    I was going to go with the polks, but bought the skylon r125ib's for the interior. we'll see how they sound..
    db651's are on sale at crutchfield right now for a steal.. might want to pick them up while they still have them..
    shopping for amps next. too many to choose from, and I have always kind of had a thing for old school 80's-90's amps. MUCH better than some of the crap for sale now...
    I'd love to run a set of orion hcca 425's. system would rock wallet says no though..
    I still have 3 Rockford Fosgate Punch 30 amps, a Rockford PA-1HD pre-amp and the Rockford XV-1 crossover. I'm leaning towards the Pold db651 from Crutchfield and the JL G6600 amp to run the interior and sub. I'm for supporting local businesses but the difference in retail and online for JL G6600 amp is just over $200...so online it is.

I am surprised that the Polk DB651's would be an upgrade to the stock kickers. I have 4 of those Polks on my tower and am running them with more then enough power and they sound ok, but not amazing or anything.

I ordered 4 of the Krypt HLCD from Bulletlines so I will do a full review on them once I get them and have a chance3 to test them out.

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I am surprised that the Polk DB651's would be an upgrade to the stock kickers. I have 4 of those Polks on my tower and am running them with more then enough power and they sound ok, but not amazing or anything.

I ordered 4 of the Krypt HLCD from Bulletlines so I will do a full review on them once I get them and have a chance3 to test them out.
    I'm sure the Krypt HLCD speakers will sound great as the reviews have been good. Plus, at the price Ken is selling them for it's a steal for anyone wanting to upgrade or jump into a tower system. I just decided not to go with this brand.

would be nice to see some head to head reviews of the few vendors that sell hlcd speakers. some independent magazine testing, but I doubt it will ever happen. there seems to be too much of a price disparity between the bottom and top brands and I'm guessing those at the top would not want the results published
    501-post up your .02 when done..

da man, that old fosgate stuff was the bomb. used to dream of a basic system using 2 punch 45's. owned an old power100, but haven't ever seen one since. it was the baby to the power 300/1000. ran 25x4 and it pounded for what it was. I remember a company called waveguide that made a hlcd for under the dash for a few years. some guy had a car with those and the rest alpine system that cleaned up the show circuit for a few years. never caught on in the car world, thinking due to size and cost, but interesting that they(hlcd's) ended up being the premium tower speaker.

I remember the wave guides. I never heard them but they got great reviews.

I ended up ordering 4 of the HLCD's from Ken at Bullet Lines for a smoking deal. I was just going to order the drivers but ended up ordering can's too so I could sell my Polks as complete tower speakers and hopefully almost break even. I am going on the word of Ken and some internet reviews, so I hope these speakers are as good as they look.

I have an old but very Powerful Pioneer Premier Amp that will feed the speakers with about 120-150 watts of RMS power so they should be well matched. I can't wait to hear them and hopefully the out perform the Polks. I also blew three of the Polks this year (perhaps from overpowering) but they were replaced on waranty so we went a lot of the summer without music and I don't want that to happen again.