Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

In the main cabin yes, but not always in the bow area. I had to trim the abs backing behind the the speaker wall as have others.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I replaced all of my stock speakers with the polks about 3 wks ago. They were direct drop for the most part. I did enlarge the existing screw holes on my cans to fit the polk screws but the pre-existing holes did line up perfectly just needed to be a tad bigger. I would get a lot of distortion at 25 vol range with the stock and its clear and crisp now, even at 30. I got mine from crutchfield for $50 and it was well worth it. I also purchased a 10" db sub and sub cover as well. It looks really nice, IMO.

Here's a pic of the sub that I had on my phone...

Last edited by ssmith; 10-10-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

looks nice - You replaced all cabin speakers with Polk too?
    If so, they were all drop in with no mods were'nt they?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    looks nice - You replaced all cabin speakers with Polk too?
    If so, they were all drop in with no mods were'nt they?
    Yes, replaced a total of 10 speakers plus the sub and they were all drop in. It took up maybe 1 hour of my day . Also, just FYI... you don't need the 651s (shallow version) anywhere. I thought maybe I would in the bow but not the case. Just order what you need of the 651 speakers and you'll be set.
    Last edited by ssmith; 10-11-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

ditto, i did the same on my obv and no problems. had to remove vinyl padding to get to the two rear cabin speakers if you want to get all four screwd in. my ,02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    I replaced all of my stock speakers with the polks about 3 wks ago. They were direct drop for the most part. I did enlarge the existing screw holes on my cans to fit the polk screws but the pre-existing holes did line up perfectly just needed to be a tad bigger. I would get a lot of distortion at 25 vol range with the stock and its clear and crisp now, even at 30. I got mine from crutchfield for $50 and it was well worth it. I also purchased a 10" db sub and sub cover as well. It looks really nice, IMO.

Here's a pic of the sub that I had on my phone...

I really like the way the sub looks there!!! Did your Supra come stock with a sub there? Is the sub in an enclosure or is it more of a free air sub? Do you think it is possible for me to build a sub mount like that for my '07 Outback V?

looks drop-in with no box.
    my '06 supra has a 12" in the same location, but the panel is angled at a 45 for part of it and then straight up and down. it's a free-air as well, but I'm replacing with a boxed sub. start messing around with your boat and you will figure out what you have back there.
    personally, I'd build a box for a sealed sub. usually will get much better response out of a sub in a box than free-air.

follow this thread and it will give you some ideas and there are some pics in the profiles..
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9392
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

2007 Outback v,

I had my sub done last season at the dealer ( did not want to cut the wires behinf the kick panel) imo it sounds great, i got a great deal on the 10 " polk momo. 10" is the max that will fit there.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    2007 Outback v,

I had my sub done last season at the dealer ( did not want to cut the wires behinf the kick panel) imo it sounds great, i got a great deal on the 10 " polk momo. 10" is the max that will fit there.

What about 2 10" in that same area?

don't need two 10" bass is plenty for passengers and riders, if you do put two in there , you would need to support the kick panel, there would not be much to hold them there. Also i think it it narrower toward the ski locker, like 9 3/4 vs 11'' by the outer hull wall.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold