Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hey guys, those HLCD I posted above are selling for $200/pair for the 6.5's and like $250 for the 8's. I'm really close to buying them, just haven't decided for sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    Hey guys, those HLCD I posted above are selling for $200/pair for the 6.5's and like $250 for the 8's. I'm really close to buying them, just haven't decided for sure yet.
    The guy that owns that company is and has been in legal trouble about his alleged business practices by allegedly cloning products developed by other individuals and companies and/or going to the source of manufacturing trying and getting copies made for him (Wetsounds basically stopped him from trying to copy their badass WS-420 parametric equalizer). I've heard from a very reliable source that soon he will not be able to sell those speakers and warranty is none existent. Word is that Bulletlines doesnt include instructions, warranty paperwork, and hardware (I believe they have now included the screws ). In addition, the crossovers are not even protected and have open/exposed circuitry. The guy will not become a site sponsor on wakeboarding forums but will see interested people and send them PM's about his products (I have been contacted in this way). Kind of strange that Bullet Speakers had the Bullet Hollow Points for a few years then this guy shows up with a company called Bulletlines and shows up with a clone. With all that said, I have heard the speakers he has for sale that are the Bullet Hollow Point look alikes sound good and pretty much all who have bought them are satisfied, some were not satisfied with the lack of paperwork, hardware, and exposed circuitry.
    Last edited by you da man; 10-03-2009 at 01:26 PM.

I don't see them for any cheaper than the bullet hollow points.
    maybe he is pm'ing for lower prices, but they show the same price.http://www.bulletlines.com/ProductDe...roductCode=465

I, too, have heard things about krypt as a speaker line and some of the unscrupulous practices that they have been using, but if they really are $200/pair, then I can do without screws/instructions and exposed circuits really aren't a big deal if they are sealed properly in a can.

I am looking into ordering the hollow points though. waiting for an email to confirm that they will fit in my stock roswell speaker cans. dont' really want to replace them as I think they look much better than the aftermarket cans being sold.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't see them for any cheaper than the bullet hollow points.
    maybe he is pm'ing for lower prices, but they show the same price.http://www.bulletlines.com/ProductDe...roductCode=465

I, too, have heard things about krypt as a speaker line and some of the unscrupulous practices that they have been using, but if they really are $200/pair, then I can do without screws/instructions and exposed circuits really aren't a big deal if they are sealed properly in a can.

I am looking into ordering the hollow points though. waiting for an email to confirm that they will fit in my stock roswell speaker cans. dont' really want to replace them as I think they look much better than the aftermarket cans being sold.
    He sent me a PM to PM him back to get a coupon code to get the price. I won't be buying from Bulletlines. I have the Roswell pods that came with my boat and can't stand the look of them. I have a friend of mine buying them and my stock amps when I get the Hollow Points and the JL amps

nice to get them sold like that.

I would ditch the roswell rack if I was going to add more than 4 speakers, but to spend another 5-6bills just for cans is a new prop or the stargazer upgrade I have planned for the winter as well

good luck and it sounds like we'll be sporting the same awesome sound this next summer..

I bought a pair of 770's for my 08 LSV yesterday. Cant wait to get them installed. Search bullet tower speakers on youtube there are some pretty good videos for anyone that is wondering how they sound.

Monday I'll be at Earmark Marine Audio in Lewisville, TX getting 2 pair of 770's and probably 3 pair of 650's coax for the cabin. Looks like I'll be making some home owners mad next summer on the lake.

Default Krypt Marine Audio..

You Da Man:

Don't believe everything you hear.

First of all Bullet Lines does not sell a speaker: Krypt Marine Audio sells 6.5" and 8" HLCDs. 2nd Bullet Lines has been in business for longer than Bullet Speakers. 3rd our speakers are not a copy of Bullet Hollow Points, as we paid for the tooling. 4th we are not and never have been in legal trouble. 5th we will not be forced to stop selling the speaker. 6th we will warranty the product for 1 year from defect. 7th we are already manufacturing our 2nd generation of this product.

Let me kick in on this before it spirals out of control, we don't need this crap on the Moomba forum.

I can say for fact that these rumors, yes rumors, generated from WakeWorld. I happen to remember the original thread posted by some jerk whom i can't remember that somehow escalated into widespread Bulletlines hating on WW which for some reason keeps happening because the uninformed keep buying into it.

I'm on WW multiple times a day, everyday, for over four years now and have never seen anything to substantiate these rumors.
    2007 Mobius LSV

^^ good post.
    bet there's fanboys and haters of every vendor out there. problem is that the haters of bulletlines are just a little more vocal.
    glad to see he's at least making an effort on here to protect his rep. a sign of a business owner that cares about his well-being..

now back on topic..
    da man, how was the trip to earmark? won't have mine until next week
    really anxious to hear the difference in hlcd's and regular automotive speakers. won't get them installed until later this year though.
    thinking I'm going to tackle the fman/tazz ballast project first, since I'm going to rip out all the ballast gear as I'm winterizing.