Default ATTENTION MOOMBA

Moomba,

I recently purchased a 2004 Moomba Outback LSV with all of the wakeboarding bells and whistles. We took the boat for it's first ride last friday and a hose popped off of the water pump. This caused the boat to fill up with water. To make matters worse the factory bilge pump did not function. Needless to say, we had to race to get our new Moomba out of the drink. We removed the plug and drained as much water as we could. The dealer was quick to repair the boat and replace the bilge pump. Now all is well except for the fact that we can't drain the ski locker. There is a drainage hole at the rear of the ski locker that is supposed to drain the water to the aft so it can be pumped out. However, the water is not draining. I've checked the drain hole with a clothes hanger and it is definately blocked. I don't know what's blocking it but it's not debris. It seems to have a cover on the other side but I can't see in there to know for sure. We've spoken with the dealer about it and he said that it happens to EVERY Outback that he sells. He offered to install a second bilge in the ski locker to drain it for $100.00. I just paid a large sum of money for this boat and I feel that I shouldn't have to purchase the pump. If this is a big problem then Moomba should resolve it. Will you resolve this problem?

Default Replying to Topic 'ATTENTION MOOMBA'

I have some experience with this as well. Just the other day when getting the boat ready for the season, I didn't get one of the hoses on all the way and it came off. Fortunately, I had not unhooked from the trailer after I started it. I noticed the water fairly quick and fixed the problem. My ski locker does the same thing as far as not draining. I personally use the fat sac pump to get rid of the water once I am back at the house. Not the most convienient, but it does work.

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Default Replying to Topic 'ATTENTION MOOMBA'

I hope your dealer at least shop vac'd the water out of your ski locker so it would dry.....I've never had much water in mine, just the usual drippings from vests, etc. Didn't know there was a drainhole. I think that once you get it dry, there won't be enough water from your equipment to need drainage. Sounds like your dealer could've done more to help your situation, though. Keep us updated, and welcome to the board.

Brian