Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my attempt at duplicating a brochure picture

For those of you that recall the 2008 Moomba brochure, there was a full page spread with several Moombas lined up at Stardust Marina. This marina is on Norris Lake in TN... we take a few trips each summer to this beautiful lake. I couldn't resist snapping this pic on our last trip, that's my 2008 Outback at the gas dock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback

that is very cool!!!!

I wanna go there, awsome
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Hey, Elf - You had any problems with your Outback? Other than the fact that mine is an '07 model year, looks like we are running the exact same boat - including black and red color scheme and tower. I have about 120 hours on the engine meter. Boat has performed virtually flawless for us. Hope you are having the same experience. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

great duplication! is fun to try and take a photo at a famous spot with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Hey, Elf - You had any problems with your Outback? Other than the fact that mine is an '07 model year, looks like we are running the exact same boat - including black and red color scheme and tower. I have about 120 hours on the engine meter. Boat has performed virtually flawless for us. Hope you are having the same experience. - Deerfield
    This is my first new boat and my first inboard; I have been very happy with it. I have a couple unresolved nagging issues, but they are minor enough. I got it July of last year and there are about 135 hours on the meter. We try to get it out every weekend during the summer and take it to Norris Lake 3 times a summer. Not bad I suppose for living in Cleveland, OH and keeping the boat in the garage. Though I still feel that every sunny day the boat doesn't come out is a wasted day
    2008 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheElf View Post
    every sunny day the boat doesn't come out is a wasted day
    so true, so true. Can someone please explain this to my wife
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

hey elf what lakes you hit up in the cleveland area?

we went to lake norris last year and cumberland this year both very nice lakes. i think i like norris a little better
    we usually rent a houseboat and stay for 4 days on that.
    what do you guys do?

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    hey elf what lakes you hit up in the cleveland area?

we went to lake norris last year and cumberland this year both very nice lakes. i think i like norris a little better
    we usually rent a houseboat and stay for 4 days on that.
    what do you guys do?
    Gus,

The closest lake to me for a quick weekend morning ski run is Pleasant Hill. By about 10 am it is a madhouse though, very small lake. We also go to Lake Milton every once in awhile. Less crowded than Pleasant Hill, but the wind can kick that one up pretty easily. I have family near Dillon, so once or twice a year we are on that lake as well. Actually the closest public lake to me is Portage Lakes in Akron, which is mainly no wake. We still go there on occasion if we aren't going to ski, just to cruise around and hit up one of the bars you can dock up to.

I assume you are on Tappan, Salt Fork or Seneca?

Ohio lakes are tiny and crowded... that's why we love to go to Norris. We usually rent a waterfront house or a condo when we go, depending on how many people/boats are on the trip. I've been to Cumberland a few times... beautiful place, but Norris has a ton of nice homes to rent right on the water. At Cumberland you're limited to the handful of Marinas, since the Corp won't let the shoreline be developed. Unless of course you rent a houseboat.

Thinking about this is making me sick... seems like the Ohio weather turned sour much quicker this year!
    2008 Outback

Elf, I have relatives in cleveland ( actually passed through labor day wknd on the way to MI and stayed in westlake) anyhow they travel to Chautauqua lake in Western NY. you ever go there? (go browns)
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold