Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Call the guys from OJ Props

http://www.ojprops.com/home

Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    750 Natalie Blvd
    Loudon, TN 37774
    Phone: 865-458-5205

I spoke with the guy that designs the props. Very helpful. I just order the XMP Edge. I'll let you know in a few weeks how it worked out.

Please, please, please do some before and after tests and post the results. Things like time from zero to wakeboarding speed with ballast full, rpms at 20, 25, 30, 35 etc mph, top speed and at what rpm, etc. That would be valuable info for many.

Thx!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I, personally, think that any 14x14 prop will be a nice upgrade from those of us that have the 13x17, and we don't ski, so top speed is not an issue at all.

I wish someone had some definitive proof of the difference between acme and oj and the oscillation/vibration issues that oj seems to be known for.
    seems that oj has the vibration issue, but has a "stouter" prop made with thicker material
    acme has no known issues with vibration, but seems to be a thinner material that is harder to repair and MAY bend easier hitting those pesky underwater obstacles.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have a 2007 OB V with an OJ 14.25x14 prop. It makes the "growl" from about 8-12 MPH (annoying for surfing), but it gets on plane very quickly. I have the Stargazer, and it said 40 MPH @ 5000 RPM with no ballast and four people on calm water.

The boat made no growl and really didn't want to go much faster than 43 or 44 on small chop with four people and no ballast with the stock prop.

It's not quite apples-to-apples, but you don't give up a whole lot of top end for all the extra 0-20 power. I can't quantify it, but based on the throttle position to get on plane, I think I'll get my $$ back in fuel savings.

The dealer took my stock prop in on trade, and he only charged me a $100 difference.

dtlaine i could get to about 47 with myself and my daughter on flat water. o ballast wake plate 1/2 up Have not really ran above 35 anymore. might have to if i want to barefoot again an i do slalom when the water is ever flat and not windy. I am intrigued about the new OJ prop
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have a 2018 Moomba craz with a OJ 14.25x14.5 prop with no ballast filled when at idle and wide open throttle the boat jumps to 5,000 rpm then comes down and takes off is this normal for this.