Default ATTENTION MOOMBA

Moomba,

I recently purchased a 2004 Moomba Outback LSV with all of the wakeboarding bells and whistles. We took the boat for it's first ride last friday and a hose popped off of the water pump. This caused the boat to fill up with water. To make matters worse the factory bilge pump did not function. Needless to say, we had to race to get our new Moomba out of the drink. We removed the plug and drained as much water as we could. The dealer was quick to repair the boat and replace the bilge pump. Now all is well except for the fact that we can't drain the ski locker. There is a drainage hole at the rear of the ski locker that is supposed to drain the water to the aft so it can be pumped out. However, the water is not draining. I've checked the drain hole with a clothes hanger and it is definately blocked. I don't know what's blocking it but it's not debris. It seems to have a cover on the other side but I can't see in there to know for sure. We've spoken with the dealer about it and he said that it happens to EVERY Outback that he sells. He offered to install a second bilge in the ski locker to drain it for $100.00. I just paid a large sum of money for this boat and I feel that I shouldn't have to purchase the pump. If this is a big problem then Moomba should resolve it. Will you resolve this problem?

Default Replying to Topic 'ATTENTION MOOMBA'

What about a shop vac to get the water out of the locker? Either that or a fat sac pump.

So are you saying that the LSVs dont have any drains near the ski locker? My boat is a Direct Drive so it's right there behind the ski locker.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

I have recently noticed this same problem on our 2003 Mobius LSV. Ski locker is not draining. Also the fat sac in the ski locker will fill on its own as we are driving. No, the pump is not filling it. One last thing, when you cut off your drain pump does the water left in the line backflow back through the pump. I didn't think that it should allow water to run back in. Maybe pump has a bad valve allowing the backflow?

Hey, I've had some bilge problems too. First, ski locker is not draining now. Second, my fat sac in the ski locker is filling on its own and no the pump is not filling it. Third, I've noticed when turning off the drain pump that it allows the water left in the drain line to backflow back into the bag. Pump maybe has a bad valve? Any suggestions? Have not contacted my dealer yet.
    Hear me now, listen later, and understand me some other time.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to stick you with a patch job repair on something that should be covered by warranty.