Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Dual Battery Charger

What is everyone using? I'm contemplating buying this one.

The Battery Tender 2-Bank charger is a top of the line 12 volt 1.25 amp charger/maintainer using the BT Plus recharge profile. The BatteryTender 2-Bank uses micro-processor technology in a four stage charging profile to charge, improve, and float your battery so it is ready when your are. Constant current charging and regulated voltage patterns allow the battery to be recharged fully and safely without the fear of overcharging. The real bonus is that the 2-Bank is capable of charging two batteries at once.

2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

I use two $10 battery trickle chargers from Harbor Freight. Four years now and never an issue.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Clark
    I have that exact charger. I like it alot. Works great. I bought it on ebay. Lots cheaper.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default 2 bank onboard charger

This is what I use. I have had no problems at all with it.

http://www.promariner.com/productFea...oductNum=42012

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Clark
    I have that exact charger. I like it alot. Works great. I bought it on ebay. Lots cheaper.

Thanks Tazz. I ordered one today.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

While were on the Battery topic and Clarkro2 ordered his so i wont be thread jacking hee hee.

I know you should store the batteries on the ground and on wood base, as concrete drains the battery. As for charging it or trickle. Do i just need to toss a charger on it for a few days every month or so?

I have never stored batteries before. Im my cars id leave them in it and start the car once a month and run it for a hour or so to get the engine and fluids going and charge it back up.

I want the batteries to last seeing how there 2 of them and there not cheap.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What I have done with my Travel Trailer and Boat is charge them completely and then disconnect the batteries so nothing is pulling a charge from them. I then just leave them on the Trailer or in the Boat all winter. We don't get real cold in the winter here in Seattle either.
    07 Supra 21v

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    This is what I use. I have had no problems at all with it.

http://www.promariner.com/productFea...oductNum=42012
    That's what I'm going with but I'll be getting the 3 bank charger for 3 batteries. The. Battery Tenders are maybe ok for the starting battery but does not do enough to properly charge a deep cycle battery such as an extra battery for stereos. You need to look at 20amp + chargers. The 7amp Ctek do fine for starting batteries and can charge a deep cycle but not one that has been completely discharged and bring it all the way back up. A strong charger is crucial for the life of deep cycling batteries to last seaon after season. Also, you need to do some homework as far as what type of battery you choose. I've made the decision to go with two Deka AGM batteries for the sound system. Each is a group 27 battery with 92 amp hrs which will give me 180 amp hrs which will be more than enough for me to play my stereo all day if I wanted. I'd rather have surplus power vs not enough to have clean, deep sound.

I disconnect mine and just let them sit all winter. in the spring, i throw them on a heavy duty charger for a couple of days each and good to go.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

In regards to batteries. Be careful when not having them on a trickle charger when not in use for a long period of time. All batteries are different. All batteries have a discharge limit. Some are at 50%, 60%, 70%, and so on. That means that the charge in the battery can not go down below that percentage. If it does, it shortens the life of the battery. Also, if it goes below the allowable discharge, The battery can no longer hold a charge or hold the charge for a very short period of time. I go over these calculations when I install battery banks for solar chargers for solar panels. I ran into this problem with my motorhome this past summer. I let the batteries go past its discharge and the batteries were crap. Had to buy two new batteries at 185.00 a piece. Now I take all of them out and put them on a trickle charger.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!