Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paint on Trailer cracking

I noticed this the other day and sent some Pics to AWS to see if Boatmate will warrenty it. I have notices on the steps on the back of the trailer where the guide poles go in.

The welds that hold these steps to the trailer frame, the pain is cracked all the way down and also where my fenders bolt up. The paint has air under it at the welds and is cracking soon to chip away and be bare metal.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I hope Boatmate warrenty's my paint and fixes it since i just got it 6 months ago.

Id post pics but im at work.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

so far boatmate has been great to deal with but i noticed it too the paint job on my trailer is terrible i coulda done just as good with a spray can! i got my boat in july and its an 08 model and the the paint is already pitted in some places on the square tubing. it is under a one year warranty so i'd think that include the surface not being preped right as well

I hope so man. I sent the pictures off and havnt herd anything. Going to call Monday see what the word is. I told i wasnt in a rush they could keep it as long as they liked when i winterize it hee hee.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

who is aws that u sent the pics to?

Oh yea aws will fix it no question.
    If its a factory defect they will take care of it. My buddy had a small area of paint flake off the axle and they fixed it a year and a half after the fact.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    who is aws that u sent the pics to?
    Sent the Pics to Matt V the service manager at AWS. I figure hes pretty busy comming to the end of the season. I not so worried about getting it fixed right now, as much as knowing it will be fixed lol.

Newty

I agree i have no doubt AWS will set me up, they havnt let me down at all.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

hey mike can i have the number or email of them? i need to discuss my problem with them as well
    thanks

Mike, I have had an issue with some rust and chipping at the tung of the trailer. AWS gave me some touch up paint but around the safety chain connection is is really starting to flake off. I have not talked to AWS yet but will once they are not as busy in a month or so.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    hey mike can i have the number or email of them? i need to discuss my problem with them as well
    thanks
    Yes when i get home ill get you all the details you need man.

Jester, they didnt offer me any touch up opaint as of yet.

Bad news so fare is Boatmate doesnt want to cover the cracking. AWS is working it out with them right now. I guess the 1 year warrenty on the trailer is a case by case basis or more towards mechanical now cosmetic. I'll keep yall posted.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm soo very disappointed in AWS and Boat Mate at the moment.

First of all Boat Mate isn't going to warranty my trailer pain cracks at all. They said unless it start to peal in large sections there's nothing they will do.

The one year warranty isn't for Paint.

Second AWS offered to help me get some touch up paint. Not that Boat Mate or AWS will supply it. Only help locate it. Basically they will desifer the sticker and tell me what color code it is and then i can go to a paint store and buy it myself.

I was asked if i was winterizing it or if they were and basically told its better off and cheaper if they winterize it. That way when the 100hr service is due they will give me a discount on that service by not charging me a De Winterization.

As for winterizing they did say they dont Fog the engines anymore. They use a different coating spray now because foging has led to fuel injector issues.

And there's a new type of fuel Stabilizer they use and its supposed to be some kick ass stuff and they are recommending it be used after 10 to 15 fill ups.

I think what im most disappointed about is the Paint on my trailer. I posted a few pics here. At least i thought Boat Mate or AWS would supply the touch up paint. Hell even the car dealer gives me free touch up paint for my truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [COLOR="#696969"]