Thread: You Tube Video

Default You Tube Video

My neighbor took a video the other day of me trying to make the transition from skiing behind a deck boat my whole life to skiing behind a moomba. It's a different world no doubt. I'm just glad Garrett Reese isn't on my lake- that kid puts me to shame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKMTcM9VsQ
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

nice run......
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Looking good skiyaker. BTW what is a Deck Boat?

thanks for the kind words. Canuckle- I'm not quite sure how to describe a deck boat- it's kind of like a pontoon boat without the pontoons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skiyaker; 09-24-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: pics
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Got a picture?

sorry- had trouble getting the pics to post- hopefully you can see them now in my post above. The boat's officially known as the party deck 21 made by tracker. We've had a lot of fun behind that boat (my dad still has it) and it has a ton of room but as you can imagine it is less than nimble and the wakes are a different story. Can't knock it too much, though- it helped convince my wife how much fun boating is; after we used it for a week last summer we decided to look into getting our own boat.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Thanks for the picture. Now I know what a deck boat is! I bet you're finding that you get a lot more pull from the Moomba but I guess that all depends on what kind of powerplant you had on that deck boat.

Sled491 Guest

Man a 5 minute run! 1st where in the flat lands do you find a lake that can let you run that long? 2nd after my 2 to 3 passes on our lake I need a 15 minute rest before I can even think about going again. Beautiful looking water!

nice run..

funny I see runs from other boats and makes me realize just how flat my buddies '94 boomerang wake really is..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled that run was on a mud puddle we call Salamonie Reservoir- we managed to get out during the week and the only other boats out were fishing. I think that day I had 3 ski runs and also learned to wakesurf- exhausted no doubt by the end of the day but my wife went for the triple crown- skied, surfed, and wake boarded. We're loving the Moomba!

Sandm there's times when I've thought it would be nice to have an old boomerang or nautique just for skiing. Funny thing is I got done with that run and thought the wakes were a little bigger than my first run- turns out the ballast didn't empty out completely after we surfed and I was running probably a hundred pounds or so heavy! Like I said, though, wakes are still microscopic compared with my dad's party deck 21!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!