Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default took the boat out of the water today

so it is the end of the year for me, boat is out of the water and gone to get winterized next weekend.

I was totally amazed, after hitting what I expected was every twig/branch in the lake all summer long as our local beaver finds it convenient to place them in the channel where I store my boat.... My prop and rudder both look awesome still... YAY!

spent my entire birthday cleaning my boat, it was pretty fun
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Sled491 Guest

truely a sad event every year, but there is always spring

We are planning a weekend camping trip at our local lake this weekend. I think that this will be our last trip for the year. Maybe. I hope not. If so, time to bring out the winter toys. Quad riding in the desert.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    We are planning a weekend camping trip at our local lake this weekend. I think that this will be our last trip for the year. Maybe. I hope not. If so, time to bring out the winter toys. Quad riding in the desert.

Soo lucky..
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

We are hoping to keep going through October. We will be getting the 3 mm wetsuits out in the next week or two. We were out today, and I would say that our water temp is still 76-78F. Pretty decent for this time of year IMHO.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Sled491 Guest

Haven't missed a day yet. Sept 25 today, overcast and 60. Water is getting down there but we are still in shorties. Within the next little while I plan to switch to my dry suit though

FUNNY FUNNY - up here in the north we are extremely lucky to have the weather we are having. I went out yesterday. 85 degrees. Water temp 67 and I was stoked both were so warm. It's all relative!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    60?

I'm envious

I keep looking at accuweather's 15 day forecast in hopes the temps will eventually start getting under 90

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    We are hoping to keep going through October. We will be getting the 3 mm wetsuits out in the next week or two. We were out today, and I would say that our water temp is still 76-78F. Pretty decent for this time of year IMHO.
    Jason,

You're killin' me. Your water temp is in the high 70's and you're breaking out the wetsuits?? We NEVER see high 70's on the river here. It was 61 last Friday and was very doable in a shorty. The other two guys that were with me just trunked it. Viking's got it right - it's all relative

Supposed to be in the mid 80's again this weekend so I plan to take advantage of it. Will probably be the last time we see anything close to 80 this year around here.

BTW, my boat is Sand Rock/Dark Blue which is similar to yours. I haven't seen another one like it yet. I like the Sandrock over the white. Does your Sandrock carry over into the cabin?
    Last edited by cab13367; 09-25-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Jason,

You're killin' me. Your water temp is in the high 70's and you're breaking out the wetsuits?? We NEVER see high 70's on the river here. It was 61 last Friday and was very doable in a shorty. The other two guys that were with me just trunked it. Viking's got it right - it's all relative
    I hear ya man im hopping to get out Sunday but i dont think i got a crew to go with me. I hate to see my season ending. Just Tuesday we went to the Henry Hagg and i had the best wake board day ever. i was in and out of my wake both sides like i knew what i was doing. It was awesome.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sled491 Guest

Ed don't be too envious of 60. That only means -20 is only that much closer

A couple years ago we were going to move to NC. So we talked to the kids about it, they were all in favour of it until they heard no more snow or snowmobiling. As they get older it only got worse. After Easter in Orlando this year (which they enjoyed) they wouldn't hear of moving to Florida, again, no snow!