Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do I need to get ones in the bow of the boat also.

How necessary is it?

I am currently looking at the 750lb. fat sac for the rear under the seat when it is in the top positon.

Any help and recommendation is more than welcome.

Another question is do I need a special pump to fill these things up?

Thanks again.

Chris

the fly high tsunami pump. i just bought one for 99 smacks (can't find it less anywhere)

this is a good deal 1/2 price refurbed. I wish i waited two weeks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fly-High-Fat-Sac...634.m332.l1262
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Well with my 07 outback i have 750 in rear and then 400lb in the bow. I actually try to sit the front sack as close to the motor as possible in the bow walkway. I like wake more rampier. Plus it helps when only two or three ppl are in the boat. One thing i should mention is the 750lb sac when full will push ur back seat up. I believe the seat sits 18inches from the carpet and the 750lb sac is 20inches tall. But i dont even carry the back seat with me any more due to broken supports on where the seats sit in the up position and b/c sac pushes it up off the supports. You will also need to do some plumbing if ur boat comes with a ballast or just buy a pump which works a whole lot faster (filling/unfilling). I load my outback to 2k ballast (sacs/ppl), and it is a prty nice wake.
    07 Moomba Outback

Another point,
    With that much more weight in the boat you have to be very carefull not to take water in over the bow. I have the 07 outback as well and learned very quickly (even with no extra ballast or people in the front) that it's easy to do if not carefull.

Quote Originally Posted by Limishowman3 View Post
    Well with my 07 outback i have 750 in rear and then 400lb in the bow. I actually try to sit the front sack as close to the motor as possible in the bow walkway. I like wake more rampier. Plus it helps when only two or three ppl are in the boat. One thing i should mention is the 750lb sac when full will push ur back seat up. I believe the seat sits 18inches from the carpet and the 750lb sac is 20inches tall. But i dont even carry the back seat with me any more due to broken supports on where the seats sit in the up position and b/c sac pushes it up off the supports. You will also need to do some plumbing if ur boat comes with a ballast or just buy a pump which works a whole lot faster (filling/unfilling). I load my outback to 2k ballast (sacs/ppl), and it is a prty nice wake.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

JeffW is correct. Add weight. The wakeplate will do practically nothing for an Outback. Also, the more weight to the front of an Outback, the better the wake. We had my 2001 Outback dialed in this week. We had about 600# in the bow, about 600# in the aft ski locker, and another 250# in the floor between the observer seat and the engine box. There were only two of us (one rider, one driver) and the wake was the biggest I have ever seen behind my boat. I hit it one time and I jumped so high, that it scared me and I screamed like a girl and let go of the handle! Not my proudest moment. You do have to be careful with the bow though. We dunked it several times. At rest, the bow rail is only about 3 inches above the water. A couple of times we took on so much water that we just sat there for a few minutes so the bilge pump could do its job. I am thinking of upgrading the bilge pump this winter, because the wake is worth it.

I havnt put in the boaw sack yet. I do get the ski locker completly full and have peeps up front and my D ring is in the water at idle.

The best way i found to not take water over the Bow is when you get off the throttle. Float forward. Dont turn at all jsut let the boat flow about 30 or 45 seconds. Then you can turn and idle back to your rider.

Course it works best when others arnt ridding near but i had to learn the hard way this summer between me and Claudia driving and taking rollers over the nose i was for ever cleaning and airing the nose out on the days we wernt in the garage. In the NW its so humid and damp that the carpets never dry unless its in direct sunlight.

Just my exp.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

as far as getting a bigger wake, your best bet is to just weigh that girl down. as for the bags, i'm not sure - depends on if you are just piling them on the floor, stacking them on the seats, or in compartments. fly high is probably the best company to get your ballast bags from. they will make custom ones if you want (fatsac.com). otherwise you can find deals on used ballast bags on wakeworld.com or wakeboarder.com.

as for the rope length, you have to play with that a little bit. a lot will depend on your speed (average for a beginner/intermediate is 21-24 mph) and the amount of weight you have in your boat. it is not an exact science - you have to dial it in depending on what you have to work with. i ride at 25.5 mph at with a 75 ft rope only because i run close to 2400 lbs of ballast and it is hard on my knees when i land way out in the flats. i'd rather have a wider wake that is still big where i can land on the downslope of it while still catching big air.

the prop isn't necessarily going to change the size of the wake. i upgraded my boat to the wakeboard prop which helps me get a better hole shot.

i've been wakeboarding since 1991 and i still can't do a raley. IT IS AN ADVANCED TRICK. once you've got your 180's, 360, tantrum, and hs backroll, then maybe think about a raley. like one other guy said, "the book" is the best instructional i've seen. for raley's you need lots of ab strength. trampoline work helps. lessons at a cable park will also help.

Thanks for your input.
    I bought a 750lb sac for the back and a the tsunami pump.
    I am waiting to same up some more money to buy a couple more tube sacs (to put in the bow) from one of the members here and then I should be set.
    Any body have a copy of the book I can borrow and copy?

Thanks again guys.

Chris.

Dude, if you only put that 750# sac in the rear of on Outback, you are going to be dissapointed. The wake will be crappy, the boat will struggle to get on plane, and it won't drive worth a damn. Trust me, we used to do the same thing with my Outback. We had so much weight in the back, the platform was under water 6-8 inches, and the wake was crap. The general rule of thumb for weighting a boat is 60% rear & 40% front. Well, with an Outback, I have had the best results doing the opposite. Also, when my boat is loaded and has the best wake, the platform is barely any deeper in the water than when the sacs are all empty.

Where can I get '' The Book" oh and a wife thats not afraid to drive wouldnt hurt either!