Default Ballast bag filling

I have a 2003 Outback LSV. The center ballast bag in the ski locker has started filling itself when the boat is under way. The 2 rear sacks work as normal. I have had to start turning off the manual valve in the engine compartment to stop it from happening, which means I have to open it to fill anything. It is a real pain. Any ideas? Thanks.

Default Ballast Bag Filling Idea

Posted elsewhere on this forum is a solution I tried and worked. Small debris can get caught in the manifold valve that will have it stick open. Cleaning out the valve -rinsing out the pieces - fixed it. BB

Thumbs up Check the Valve

Agree, probalby the valve

Happend to me:
    See this post.
    It was the selenoid (black cap), just unscrew it and replace the spring. Good luck!
    Last edited by lsgagnon; 09-22-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    2008 Outback V black

If you have the sprinkler system, look for the little black lever at the base of the solenoid. Make sure that it is in the same position as the other two. If that little lever is in the wrong position, it opens the diaphragm inside the valve.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!