Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FWIW this is a common topic on the Malibu forums and they have a DIY FAQ on how to replace the sensor with a much more accurate one.

I have the luxury of nearly always using about 1/2 a tank and there's no fuel station on our normal lake, so I just fill up after every day, because I wouldn't dare start a day on half a tank. *shrug*
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Forget it, there isn't a boat fuel gauge in existence for tournement boats thats accurate. I know many people with different brands and they are all alike. Just learn your gauge is all. I know that when mine hits 1/4 tank on an average day i have about 15 gallons.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Forget it, there isn't a boat fuel gauge in existence for tournement boats thats accurate. I know many people with different brands and they are all alike. Just learn your gauge is all. I know that when mine hits 1/4 tank on an average day i have about 15 gallons.
    +1 Razzman

I am with you. Mine is either full or empty, according to the guage, never bother looking at it and have been been with fools who I have given gas money to and then run out of gas on the river left to the mercy of the current. Will never put my boat in the water without filling the tank.

Default 1/2 = Full????

when its FULL only reads to 1/2 tank. doesnt even move until tanks gets less than 1/2. any ideas on this?

You could have an issue with the floater in the gas tank is stuck and will not float past the 1/2 tank mark. This is just a guess.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill