Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

fortunate guy to have that size of a building and that size of property to have that size of building!

we store ours in the third car side of our garage. i extended the back of the garage and changed the door to 9x8 opening. drop the tower, remove the swim platform and the traier guide poles.

How long is an Outback V and LSV on trailer without platform and tongue? There's no way I could get my XLV in my garage.

Does anyone have theirs outside all year (I am in PA)? I don't own a boat yet but am getting closer. I have a 2 car garage but with individual doors that are each slightly less than 8' of usable doorway, so there's no real good way to get a 96" beam boat + trailer in there ( I'd be considering an Outback V).

My first thought would be to pave (or gravel) a small area next to the garage and park it outside with appropriate covers (would normal covers be sufficient or is there something more designed for sitting all winter, or just an extra tarp?). Sounds like I'd at least want the full one piece cover. Maybe an aftermarket skirt for the remainder?

I may potentially be able to cover it with one of those canopy/carports but would have to verify with association.

Beyond that it's either park outside or find a place to store it (clearly not free), so I'm investigating options.
    Last edited by pmoomba; 09-21-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Sits in the 3rd stall of the garage, lucky in that it clears the top by about 1/4" with the tower down, and have enough room for my truck and most important-the wifes car
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

My wife would love to use the garage. Its hard to find an enclosed garage that I could rent. The only time my boat sees the sun is when it is in tow and in the water. I have seen boat in regular or outside parking. Here in Vegas, the weather is so harsh, it ruins the gel coat a d destroys the boat. IMO.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Remove platform, tower down- back up till it hits the garage rear wall. Door makes it by 1".
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I keep mine in a 12x30 gated storage spot. Sliding door, with plenty of height, so I don't have to really make any adjustments to the boat. I do swing the toungue away and wrap it with a flexible bike lock.

Biggest problem is that it's near a lake, so the spiders are rediculous. I've had to kill multiple black widows that have gotten a little too close to my wakeboard binding. Luckily no big spiders in the boat yet, but we will be moving close to the lake next year, and a garage that will fit the boat is a necessity.

Here's where my boat sits 12 months a year. I keep the cover on it when it's not in use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

During the summer i keep mine in a fully enclosed storage area close to my place. During last winter i took it too my parents place that has a covered storage tent. I might just leave it in its current home this winter but the parents place is free to store so that is a big plus.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I leave mine outside but I remove as much as I can and store either inside the boat or the shed such as the spare tire, swim deck, trailer guide pads and all of the bling on the tower.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD