Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Leg cut on back Cushion

We have a 2007 Moomba Mobius LS. We took 5 of our 12 year old son's friends boating for his birthday. One of his friends kneeled on the back seat in the boat and cut his knee bad enough to draw blood. We had noticed the sharp point a few times on each side, but would come across it on accident and then not be able to find them when we looked. At first we thought it was something stuck in the upholstery, but it feels like a screw or broken spring.
    Anyone else had any similar experiences?

Yes, i had the same thing on my OBV 07. I replaced the all the screws in the bench seat with shorter ss screw from lowes ( or Home depot)the other alternative ,take them out and grind down the tips pu them back. get them out before there is a bigger pin holes in the vinyl.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

A buddy of mine had the same problem with his 06 LSV. He also changed out the screws
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Yes, my 06 LSV has the same problem with the rear seat. LONG SCREWS !!! I've removed or backed out all of them. I need to get shorter ones and replace them all............

yes i have a 05 lsv, the screws put holes in my seat. i e mailed sc and they said they did not know of the problem and will not send a new cover even when the factory put in the wrong screws. i told him thid is a flaw in workmanship. he said my boats to old

What? This is still happening? This topic came up on this board in 2005 and I thought that SC was having dealers replace them then.

Reese350 Guest

My 06 LSV had the same problem. I backed the screws out a bit and it is fine now.

If you put to much pressure on my observer seat back rest/hinged door they put staples in it for the upholstery and they will stick you. One of the "cheap" things I feel about the boat. Come on at least find a way to fold over or roll the staples!

I noticed the same thing the other day on the backrest of the observers seat in my 08 LSV. IN the upper right corner where the hinge is, there is a small pinhole in the vinyl. I put my hand on it once the other day, and got stuck. Not cool. I didn't see any evidence of staples or screws right where it was poking thru, but I know there's one somewhere. I'll have to investigate further.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

speaking of staples anyone have the staples on the rear compaments do some gel coat damage? Mine is toward the stern toward the engingine compartment.
    Do I just pound them in or get some thick adhesive felt pads to protect the gel coat.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold