Thread: new mobius

Default new mobius

GHey everyone this is my first post on this site. It seems to be a pretty cool site. I have some concerns though, I just ordered a new mobius LSV and now I'm hearing about all the problems with the gelcoat cracks, bolts & screws falling out and the sort. I've looked at a lot of boats before I ordered and the quality seemed to be there. Compared to mastercraft it looked like its quality was just as good with a little cheaper price but hearing of these problems concerns me. Concerned

Default Replying to Topic 'new mobius'

This site ROCKS all kinds of tips and other info. As a far as problems, seems like some Moomba's have them and the majority don't. Mine did and it has been handled professionally and to my satisfaction. Recommendation, keep an eye one the gel coat at the rub rail. I looked at an 04 LSV this weekend, looks to me they are doing the rubrail different in 04 which wil eliminate the cracking problem I had.

In addition, welcome to the Moomba family and if you have a tower check out
    http://www.wakezone.biz/rackjack.htm
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

In regards to the gel cracks around the rubrail, this year they are groving the hull and deck above and below where they are screwed together. This should all but eliminate the cracks coming from the screw holes behind the rubrail. Enjoy your boat, my LSV should be here in a few weeks, hopefully!

Thanks for the replies. I hope they have a fix for their problems on the gel coating because I really like the looks of the Mobius LSV. I've been shopping around for about 6 mths. I've looked at Moomba, Mastercraft, Supra and Nautiques and I cannot tell any difference between all this boats except the PRICE. The difference in these boats average around 12,000 to 15,000 $. I cant see it. Thats alot of gas money and stereo equipment.
    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLY
    GET LOTS OF BIG AIR.
    MOBIUSMAN