Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default G3 Ballast malfunction

I'm a new owner of a lsv2006 (since yesterday) and we took the boat for a ride and the three ballast filled by themselves even if the switch were turned off... The door of the ski locker opened because the ballast was completely filled...

I need some advices

thanks!

there are toggle valves on the sprinler valves that need to be closed. there are under the back seat above the v drive comparment. there are some pics on the bb to specifically show you.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Brian Raymond Guest

Congrats on your new boat and welcome to the board. Your system starts with a 2000 gph fill pump that feeds to a manifold. This manifold contains 3 diaphragms with electric controlled solenoids that are activated by the switches. There is a lever at the base of the solenoid mounted on the diaphragm, it has a on/off position. Make sure this switch is perpindicular to the solenoid and not parallel. This switch is used in case the fill pump is inop. and can be turned to the "on" pos. and fill the bags when the boat is underway with the water intake scoop. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond

What is bb?

Brian Raymond Guest

"bulletin board". Check out the "search" and "quick links" to find more info. on a speciffic discussion. Brian Raymond

also, the ski locker bag is a bit too big for the locker. the door will always open up when you fill too full, just stop filling when the door starts to open.

Can you help me with a link to the pages that jmvotto is talking about?

I dont find anything

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7352&page=2

look at my post #18 shows a picture of the sprinkler valve with the solinod removed, but shows the little black lever-in the picture its on/open

hope that helps, and now dont recomend removing that spring as water will still flow past the valve and fill the bags at high speeds.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

This might help. See the little black lever about the middle of the pic, to the right of the center solenoid outlet? They need to be in this position to prevent the bags from filling while underway.

FYI, the ballast hoses are off in this pic since I was winterizing at the time of the pic.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV