Hybrid View

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default 05 Mobius lsv rear storage

Thought I would post this since someone was inquiring about it. I has worked well for us and thought I would pass it along.
    Jim
    Last edited by jimmobius; 10-08-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Did you just put a few runners on the walls and put a board down? Good way to keep space with the bags in the back.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I used 1x2 wood cleat on the side of the engine compartment, the shelf is supported on the hull side by plywood that is attached to the shelf. It is L shaped and rests on the floor beside the bag . Carpet from lowe's . Jim .

Very nice. This is what I am trin to accomplish with my '07 LSV. Can you take a picture of the "L" style support on the bottom of the shelf on the side opposite th 1"X2" cleat.

Thanks

so this is kinda like a false floor above the ballast bags? what size bags are those and does it allow them to fill to full capacity?
    looks very nice!

Yes , you could call it that . They both remove and are not screwed down. The bags are 350llbs each, the one on the drivers side fills all the way up with out forcing the lid open. The passenger side will fill up about 90% without lifting the lid open. Use to wait till the bag would fill , it would push the cooler up and lift open the hatch, then would empty it a touch. I would say they both fill about 90% with the shelfs in place. I usually have someone sit on the sundeck on the side they are surfing on . 340+180= 520lbs. The bottom of the shelfs have a 1 x 2 screwed to it with the plywood screwed to it thus making it a 90 degree connection. The vertical piece is next to the hull side and the bag is between it and the engine compartment wall. I have about 12" of space between the shelf and the hatch.
    Jim .