Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rough waters

Default rough waters

We are seriously thinking about buying a Moomba LSV since my daughter is really loving wakeboarding-we currently own a SeaRay Sundeck and our only hesitation is that we like to go boating a few times a year on some large lakes (Lake Winnipesaukee in NH). I know a wakeboard boat won't ride as smooth on rough waters but will it be bearable?

Thanks for your comments

I've ridden in some pretty rough water and it was not a problem. You just have to slow down a little.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

I have been in rough water and just slow down and move the wake plate all the way down. Move the wakeplate up and power up a little if you know your going to hit a big wave so water does not come in the bow.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I don't know what the free board of newer Outbacks is, but if I'm not careful I can circle back on my own wakeboard wake, slow down at the wrong time, and take water over the bow.

If there's white caps, we don't go out (unless I know where the calm spots are). Ocean's freak me out, so no issue there.

EDIT: Oh you said large lakes. My ocean's comment was just off topic then
    Last edited by _sT_; 09-15-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    1998 Moomba Outback, Indmar Blackhawk

had my 08 lsv out on new years day in whitecaps, works ok in rough water but speed plays a big part.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The LSV can take on some pretty rough stuff without issue, I've done it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

If you have to cross big water often...size matters. My favorite lake has 2-3 miles of open, deep water so having a larger boat helps.

Default rough waters

Thanks for all the advice- I really have my heart set on a Moomba and from what everyone has said-I think we can manage! Now I just have to find a good deal!

if your close to Florida the dealers here have some great deals.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default rough waters

I'm on the east coast but up North and there aren't many left around here-so we are willing to travel for a great price-Any dealers you would recommend?