Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Getting nice "pop" behind a Mobius LS possible??

Hey guys, ive been a long time reader, but a non-poster until now...

I have a 2005 Mobius LS and im having difficulty getting a large clean wake behind me in order to get some serious air. I just recently added a 370lb fat sac to the rear and an additional 370lb sac to the front which equals out to be 1490lbs of ballast total with the oem ballasts.

Is getting nice height/pop on the Mobius LS (2005) even possible? Just wanting to know what people's experiences were/are. Maybe it's just me, the rider that needs tweaking, lol..which i would be happy about.

Thanks guys.

pics of wake. what arent you satisfied with?
    size? shape? more peak? washed out? what are you comparing it to?

the LS and LSV hulls are identical to 06. so you should have no problem getting the same wake as an LSV. do you have built in ballast too?

Stang, sorry for being so vague. I guess it's the size of the wake, and more peak that im concerned about to get me that pop im looking for. I'll see if i can dig up some pics.

I was under the impression that the hulls were changed in 06?

I do have my built in ballasts still.

Do you have a wakeplate? Any Idea what speeds you are wakeboarding at? What about line length?

Lets have all the details

Im usually at 22mph, and at 70' spectra line. Although now im gonna look into adding a 5' extension to equal out to 75', and seeing if my perfect pass is calibrated properly via gps. I do have a wakeplate which i usually put all the way down. i'm also 6' at 190lbs if that makes a difference? lol

You should definately be getting a nice pop with 1500 lbs of ballast. My boat has the same hull and with 1500 or more lbs in it - we can really kill it back there. No problem sailing into the flats..

The first suspect is going to be the rider. If you need to be making nice progessive cuts with a lot of line tension. You should be standing up very tall when you hit the wake..

Some other factors will be speed of the boat and line length. But if you're putting a lot of ballast into that boat if you knew how to make a proper progressive cut those two wouldn't play such a role.

My advice is take a video or more importantly watch videos of some guys going wake to wake and go from there. Your boat has PLENTY of wake to get some clean pop out of.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    You should definately be getting a nice pop with 1500 lbs of ballast. My boat has the same hull and with 1500 or more lbs in it - we can really kill it back there. No problem sailing into the flats..

The first suspect is going to be the rider. If you need to be making nice progessive cuts with a lot of line tension. You should be standing up very tall when you hit the wake..

Some other factors will be speed of the boat and line length. But if you're putting a lot of ballast into that boat if you knew how to make a proper progressive cut those two wouldn't play such a role.

My advice is take a video or more importantly watch videos of some guys going wake to wake and go from there. Your boat has PLENTY of wake to get some clean pop out of.

Thanks for the tips, and comments. They're great. Im suspecting its me that sucks also, and not the boat, lol...actually i was hoping for that. I was caught up in reading about v-drive this, and v-drive that, which made me doubt myself if it's the boat or not. I've been snowboarding for maaaany years now, and im a lot better at it than wakeboarding at this point...maybe im just too eager.

Anyways, here is a pic of me, probably the highest i ever go for now, and i can't seem to go any higher.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    I do have a wakeplate which i usually put all the way down.

Try putting the wake plate up or in the bow up possition on the gauge
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

It is hard to tell much from that picture. The boat is just completing a turn, which is not optimal. A better picture with the boat going straight and a view of the entire wake would be more helpful.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default edging gives you pop

The cheapest way to get pop is to improve technique. I can get ggood pop out of my 99 OB DD with 400lb rear ballas and a couple portable wake enhancement systems(fat friends) sitting on the rear seat. The key is to take a progressive edge all the way through your wake and stand tall, don't try to jump. edging through the wake should pop you right up. Also a board with good rocker helps.